It's MONDAY, weekend accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Here it is Monday already, what did we get done in the world of modeling?

Well, as the saying goes, 'don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today' bit me in the rear! I decided to put things off Friday night and not just modeling, even though I had time, things changed and boom I got nothing done.-:(:mad:

I didn't even run a train, now that's bad!-:cry:

Hope everyone else had a better weekend.-:thumb:

It's still Monday, so I'll add this, just came up from running trains, did some motive power change outs on the trains, they're happy.:)

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I got my B&O Passenger Car all fixed now. No more problems with that. :D I also got my interlocking tower finished. It is white over blue scheme. Going to be adding some decals to it soon i hope. I also started to repaint my freight house roof a flat black. What did everyone else get done this weekend and how was your weekend?

P.S. Hey NYC-BKO there's always next weekend to get something done.

Hey, Brian...

I finished putting the decals on my GE 40T switcher #105 and am going to be installing the handrails and steps this week sometime. I should be into building the running gear next weekend. ;)

Russ

I got a lot done this weekend. I painted the mountian that I have been working on. It took nine coats of paint to get the right look.

Hi all,

I'm back to the gauge and here is my newest work in modell railroading.
Some time ago I'Ve got one of the first Bachmann On30-Shays in Germany and started to scratchbuiild some cars and bunkhouses in this scale. But there was no room to build a layout.

This month, I will use all the equipment to create a small layout, representing a logging camp with engineshed, turntable and a piece of three-rail-track 0-0n30. Last weekend, I've started the trackwork. All rails are handlayed on wooden ties. Also the turnouts. 2 Of them are nearly finished, the theird one will come this evening. I hope I can post some pictures on the gauge and on my website this week.

Greetings from Germany,
Gerd

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Had a very busy weekend which kept my available modeling time to a bare minimum. On Saturday my daughter cheered as a cheerleader for her first game. The cheerleaders lead the crowd as the Raiders tied the game with 20.1 seconds to go. My son played his first football game on Sunday. His team, the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA, defeated Ridley Park Parkers 27-6. He played all but 4 plays of the second half as he played defensive and offensive tackle. He is also on the kicking and receiving team. In between all this we had to do grocery shopping.

As a result of my busy weekend I got nothing accomplished in the model railroad world.

Glen Haasdyk

I Managed to build 6 trees. I was going to do more but I was taking apart an old alarm clock (windup kind) for the gears on Saturday afternoon when the spring inside instantly became unwound and the clock exploded in my hand. The springe sliced my left pointing finger on the tip, very deep so I wraped a cloth around it and drove myself to the walk-in clinc. Now I've got this bandage around my finger from tip to bottom that makes it look like I tried to cut my finger off. The good news is I'll heal, the bad is it's on my left hand and I'm a lefty.

jetrock

Well,in addition to starting on three more pieces of motive power (below) I cleared out more space in the layout room--cleaned my workbenches and moved them to the other side of the room, sorted a bunch of model supplies and threw out a trashcan's worth of assorted junk and detritus.

I also installed plastic headlights and started on the handrails for a favorite old locomotive--a dinged-up Southern Pacific GP9 that my dad gave me. It has seen a lot of use and abuse, and I forget what happened to the original handrails, but I found a replacement set at a swap meet that came with headlight bits and have been waiting for a good time (like when my workbench was clean) to get started on it. Now I just need a directional lighting kit and some replacement footboards & coupler mounting bracket to replace the ones I mangled when I was 14...

CCT3.jpg

gecritter.jpg

gesteeple.jpg

Ray Marinaccio

Went to the LHS and got paint and found out their " train Guy" as they put it, has retired and the counter will be manned by the RC car and airplane Guys.
Then the usual line, We're the only ones that sell trains between Phoenix and Flagstaff.
If that wasn't bad enough, a gentleman and his grandson were looking at the display layout and asked if they could see it run. The answer to that was, it's broke and we don't know what's wrong with it.
This might be a great area to open a hobby shop. :D
I did manage to do some work on the GP35s and the Athearn 4-6-2 frame and pilot are ready for paint .

Attachments

• Sep08004.JPG
    Sep08004.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 87

Ray Marinaccio

I got the Rivarossi drivers back in quarter and the motor mount repaired during the week and made a new drive line coupling Saturday.

Attachments

• Sep08008.JPG
    Sep08008.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 85

neb1211

I went to the local hobby store which has only 1 small section of the store for model railroading and an only a small percent of it is N scale stuff. I did manage to pick up a box car, a loco, and a container for 35 bucks however. I will post more details later as I have a chance to. I also got a chance to dig through the box that had all my dad's old loco's and rolling stock in it and it looks like I am going to replace a lot of the rolling stock and what not. Most of the rolling stock is baddy damaged. I probably could try to repair a few of the cars but I don't have enough time to do a good job.

Woodie

Well, I ain't got a pic of it, but I went through 2 1/2 packets of track joiners on the weekend. :thumb: But I can't quite go TOOT all the way round in circles yet. So it's still back and forth... to and fro.... up and down... there and back...... side to side..... left to right..... right to left..... over there to back here... going and coming... :p :eek:

I think ya get the general idea. :)

Didn't quite get anything in the modeling aspect of railroading done. I spent the weekend out on a short frieght, if you want to call it that?! A short engineer for a day trip. I have a couple pics if anyone wants to see them.

Freelancer