Its Monday 8-1-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a busy weekend with shopping and running errands. We are still trying to get our pool water clear. A combination of hot weather and us being on vacation lead to green water. Spent several hours cleaning out the filter and vacuuming the pool. We are almost there. Some of the shopping involved a trip to Mitchell’s Hobbies in Wilmington, DE. We had to pick up some Cub Scout and Girl Scout supplies and I purchased about a $100.00 worth of scenery supplies.

I still managed to have a good weekend modeling. I added a gravel road to the Grain Elevator Diorama and also began adding foliage to the diorama. I was also able to pretty much finish the road on Farm House Diorama. I didn’t get to the reefers, however.

We will see if the Aristo-Craft G-Scale track I ordered arrives from Trainworld today and we enter into the world of garden railroading.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well I managed to get most of the mountains finnished, and a few tunnells installed, it is all starting to take shape, and I can see where to go next..have a good one..steve

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 20

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent the weekend in Kamloops attending a wedding (huge wedding, 400 people)
I did manage to track down not one but two hobby shops. My only wish was that I had an extra 20$ at the second one (isn't this the way it always goes) for an old hobbytown RS-3 that he had there, since I have enough parts to rebuild it now.
On sunday I saw the Kamloops Heritage train (didn't have time to ride) It's a small excursion train pulled by an old CNR 2-8-0. I did get some pictures and bought a few postcards. I've been trying to find a good smokebox color.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
I managed to do some train room cleaning, listed some items on Ebay, worked on a trackplan for one of our members, filed some articles, Ordered 2 logging car kits from Smokey mountain,Organized my magazines, and finally I made up some slab wood for the future sawmill. Not as productive modeling as I would have liked, but it all added up to trains on the brain :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Well...it's been coming for some time but, this weekend I took the plunge. Art imitates life as the B&MC enters the 21st century kicking and screaming, sucked up into oblivion by the CSX. The steam roster just got too finicky and expensive to keep running and so has been religated to ocassional railfan runs and such, spending most of its remaining time under glass.

I picked up CSX C44-9s #9003 and 9023 as well as Espee's SW1500 #2638 new in the box from a fellow modeler's 1/2 price sale as he has to leave the hobby business for health reasons. Assembling them took a lot longer than I remember Athearns used to take with their added brake and snubber details and they are currently awaiting their Kadee #5s. The SW 1500 has also had its 42" wheels replaced with the correct 40" ones in nickle-silver.

The CSX C44-9s and the Espee SW 1500 will be the last B&MC locomotives to receive Lenz decoders as management has opted to remain DC, and has in fact, started a program to de-decoder most of the remaining fleet, leaving decoders in those units that interchange with other DCC equipped routes ( read that---show themselves reliable enough as to not humiliate said management on interchange assignments :p )

Attachments

• lokeys.JPG
    lokeys.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 21

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well let's see:

I broke in the three new engines Friday and ran them on the layout, worked on a few car kits as planned. Sat. went to a LHS and of course came out with two more engines and 5 cars. I got a BB NYC S-12 & dummy SW7 as I have a can motored chassis I did many years ago, they didn't have just a shell, oh well. 4 of the cars were Athearn at 20% off couldn't pass up and I got a nice Funaro & Camerlengo resin kit NYC Boom Car now I need a Tichy crane to go with it.

As stated trains were run!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!-:wave:

C

Catt

Well I did actually accomplish one hobby project.I now have a one off 1984 Ford flatbed truck and I only have $20.00 invested in it :( .Now you know why it is a one off.Probly won't have any pics to post for another week or two.(no place to pose the little critter yet)

OOPS! forgot to mention this truck is N scale :eek:ops: