Its Monday 6-6-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Another busy weekend has past. We finally had some normal June temperatures for the Delaware Valley with them being in the high 80s. Friday night, however, the kids’ Little League games were rained out. Saturday both kids had sign ups for the tournament teams. Sunday my son had a game. In between the baseball stuff we did our normal bi-weekly grocery shopping. The kids spent the day yesterday in the pool and after my son’s game my wife and I joined them.

All this running around did effect my modeling time. I did manage to finish weathering the wheels for the Ralston-Jefferson hopper and give the car a wash of Charcoal Gray.

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

I still need to do some airbrush weathering to the hopper.

I also started examining the rest of my covered hopper fleet to see what I need to upgrade them. I discovered I need a lot of 36” metal wheels. I also started weathering some of the 36” wheel sets I have on hand.

Glen Haasdyk

I laid all the track to my narrow guage logging line. It looks good but I'm not sure if my mdc shay will run right over it all. That code 55 rail can be difficult to curve properly.
I also finished off the building interior for my club. It looks pretty neat be due to time constraints I had to keep the funiture and interior decorating to a minimum. If I did have the time I would have added a picture or two to the walls, and added a few more peices of furniture like a coffee table and a night stand beside the bed in he bedroom.
Finally I started work on my Athearn 250 ton crane. It originally cam decaled for Santa Fe but I'm re-painting it to a CNR wrecker. I painted the flat black and sealed it with dulcote. next is the decaling and assembly before weathering. After that I have to start work on a boom tender for it. I think I may start work on a complete auxilary train to go with it. Shouldn't be too hard, most of the cars were made of old passenger anf reight revenune service cast and I've got plenty of those!

I was able to get the landscaping finished on my living room layout. I still need to get and add people and vehicles.
im0052515uc.jpg

im0052535fs.jpg

im0052493xc.jpg

im0052488jf.jpg

im0052479kt.jpg

im0052503kt.jpg

NYC-BKO

Pretty much a lost weekend for me:

Worked extra Friday and with all the outside chores, all I got done was rebuilding one truck of the TM FA's, NWSL wheels and fine tuning of the drive to that end.

Ran trains a little, that's it!!!!!-
cry.gif

Hope everyone else had a better weekend!-
wave.gif

seanm

Fingered out how to get real reporting back from my Atlas HO switch motors that I use under layout to throw my N-scale switches..... I added a piece of plastic and a couple of contacts and a brass sleeve wired to the hot coming to the switch..... When the switch throws, then the contact is made and the LED on the panel will show which way the switch is pointed. Had thought about using relays or some other method, but this will actually report back the position of my turnout motor not the relay whiich may or may not be accurate.

The contacts could also be used to provide power to the frog if the wiring was a little different.

P1010016.med.JPG

Ray Marinaccio

We all had a great time at the Mayer Days parade and celebration.
My son and I made some progress on the gondola project. The floor is wood, the sides are laminated embossed cardboard, trucks, bolsters and ends are old Varney parts.

Attachments

• Jun06^05.JPG
    Jun06^05.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 30

Acela82

My Columbia Southern Railroad started service with its new Bombardier Bi-Level cars. The cars are owned by the State of Virginia and thus they wear the state flag and VDOT logos. Here are some images from the first run:

streetrun1.jpg

streetrun2.jpg

streetrun3.jpg

afj.jpg