Its Monday 6-20-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
My daughter’s softball season came to a close as her team lost its second playoff game. She made the in-house tournament team but right now they have no games scheduled. She did not make the District team which is fine since that interfered with vacation and also restricts her from playing elsewhere. My son has what maybe his last game tonight. I had a rough Father’s Day. I came down with a stomach virus and at one point had a 101 degree fever. I went out to dinner but really did not feel like eating. I think this had been coming on for a few days since I was feeling very achy last week. With Little League drawing to a close I should have more modeling time on my hands.

I got the second LNE U23B weathered and sealed over the weekend. I also ran both U23Bs for a while to see how they look and performed. So I did better than last weekend.

Here is a shot of the U23B:
abg.jpg

And here it is with its sister:
abh.jpg

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Well, It rained here all Saturday so I didn't get any yard work done outside so I spent most of the day working on the layout. I painted my logging area in a tan and added woodland scenics ground foam cover until I ran out of earth blend ground cover. I guess it will be another trip to the hobby shop shortly pick up some more.
On Sunday it cleared up enough for me to drag my airbrush outside and spray the Club's athearn trainmaster medium green for CN colors, and spray an old MDC baggage car in boxcar red so it will become and equipment car in my work train.
I'm almost finished the decaling on my doodlebug. I applied the strip decals yesterday and will get the heralds and numbers on to the car within the next couple days, then its just a matter of adapting an athearn switcher mechanism to power the thing.
Finally, I gave the rec/ train room a good cleaning since most of the messy scenery work is done, now I have to clean up the workshop.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Tom, those U boats look great!!
well i managed to make gains on the little logging shack.Its not done yet but i can see a lttle light at the end of the tunnel.Here she is posing for ya'll ;)

Attachments

• Scratchbuilt shack 001.jpg
    Scratchbuilt shack 001.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 13

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
All I set out to do was accomplished this weekend even though it wasn't a whole lot. I got the couplers changed out on the F units only to find McHenry is coming out with a short version of their scale coupler for better spacing betwen F's so they will be changed again. Changed out the wheelsets on the hoppers. Worked some more on the TM FA shells. Picked up a Tyco C430 at the Flea Market Sunday, it has potemtial with a little work and some parts I have laying around, I might be able to make a reasonable facsimile of the NYC version of course til I get around to doing it there will be one on the market.

Of course trains were run!-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!-
wave.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well I managed to burn out a piont motor, that was only put in a week ago :curse:.to make matters worse its in a hard to get at place, I`ll have to crawl under the layout, squeeze up through 2 sections of track and R/R said motor,(later):D I dont know if it was my falt, or if it was a defective switch.....well its all part of MRR isnt it;) ;) ....have a good one.. steve

C

Catt

Didn't get a heck of alot done.Did get the fashia installed on one of the (ex) NTRAK 4' corners and the roadbed down for the outer mainline.

I've about got my mind made up to rip the tops off the two 4' straight modules and put 1/2" blue board on them too. :D

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Not much of actual modeling. However, I did spend time track planning for my shelf layout and did get out to the LHS. After visiting the LHS and spending more than I wanted, um, needed to, I drove over to the station in Hartford CT and ran around taking reference pics.

I've always wanted to model it because of it's raised platform, so I guess you could say I was working towards a model.

All in all, it was a good productive MRRing weekend.