Its Monday 5-22-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend we had my daughter’s softball game and my son had three baseball games. We only made one of his games because he had football camp this weekend. We did the usual grocery store runs.

On the modeling front a little got done. Since the coal loads finally dried I was able to remove them and do some finishing on them. I also began assembling a G-Scale building for the garden railroad. Speaking of the garden railroad we placed the buildings and replaced a few pieces of bad track. We are ready to run once the weather cooperates. Lastly I got to test run my new P2K PRR PA1 and PB1 locos. I finally have some passenger diesels.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well I got a good amount of modeling done this weekend. I have gotten the Cottage Scene almost done. All's I need to do now is get more ground cover so that I can finish that part of it. I have also been trying to think of how I am going to build the platform so the people can get up to the Caboose. Also in the planning stages this weekend was another scene I plan to model and that is of a Coaling Tower for the Steamers.:D Got to have one of those for them. Well got to get going here and browse around here.

:wave: Have A Great Week Everyone :wave:

C

Catt

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to but do get some stuff going.

The HO Center-flo is almost done.I've got about a half hour of work to do on it plus paint touch up.

I wasn't really feeling good Saturday evening so I stayed home instead of going out to work on the 2TRAK layout.

Sunday I felt better so I putzed around with the HO Center-Flo and started trying to salvage a junk Bachmann shorty heavyweigth passenger car.If this project works out (lookin good so far) it will be the prototype for the GVR's comuter (sp) coaches.

(the car is junk has nothing to do with it being a Bachmann car :D )

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I finally assembled my Bowser 4-6-2 K4. If I had known what a sweet kit it was, I'd have done it long ago. Guess I was intimidated by the idea of assembling my own valve gear. It wasn't so bad, mistakes were simply filed off and reinstalled and it ran at the first turn of the key.:thumb: A little clunky in the details department, at 42 years old, she holds her age well...

Attachments

• bowser7b.JPG
    bowser7b.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 62

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Didn't get as much done as I hoped. We had a garage sale on Saturday that took time until it rained! I tried to make some signs for my cement plant and also heavily weathered a couple of cars to see if I liked the rust effect. It takes me a little bit of courage to really mess up even a cheap freight car but I'm starting to get the hang of it. so far I'm using water soluable paints etc. in case my efforts turn out looking bad.
Ralph

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
well my sunday car show got rained out so this is what i did in my new found free time :thumb:

Attachments

• 100_0218.JPG
    100_0218.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_0214.JPG
    100_0214.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 100_0216.JPG
    100_0216.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0213.JPG
    100_0213.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0205.JPG
    100_0205.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 58

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Much to my surprise I found time to do some work on the layout.

I finished my first handlaid turnout (H0n3). For a switchstand I used a small dpdt switch which also changes the polarity of the frog.

Ron

Attachments

• Weiche1.jpg
    Weiche1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Weiche2.jpg
    Weiche2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 55

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I'm one day late but since we Canadians had a long weekend This is sort of my Monday. On Saturday I did a little work on my DPM buildings, painting details on them and adding windows. I also went to Micheals (the craft store) and bought some scrapbook paper that looked like HO scale linoleum so I can detail the interior of my DPM corner cafe.
On Sunday I planted my garden in between rain showers and not much else.
On Monday I cleaned the house to prepare for the painter to come and finish off the downstairs bathroom and laundry room. Drywalling is a messy, dusty job. I also assembled the walls on one of my building kits and built display boxes for the front windows so that it won't look like a vacant buildingf when it goes on the layout.

Scoobie

Feb 21, 2006
Circle Pines, Minnesota
My weekend

Well, my son & I went to a model trains swap meet at the fair grounds while Mom was away for the weekend:D . We picked up an apt building, an NYC caboose, mining cars and other assorted rolling stock ( great prices and all new ). We also got roads & grass in around the town ( Sammy Town ) and the drive in movie( Sammy's Drive In Movie ). Out lined the river( Sammy River ) that goes to yup ( Sammy Lake ). Also bought a trolley that will go back and forth from Sammy town to Sammy city, but fisrt I have to finish building the room that Sammy's Empire is going to go. That startes next weekend, so not alot will be done on the layout for about month :cry: :curse: . See ya:wave: