Its Monday 5-02-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well it is Monday and also is the 2nd of May. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

For my self my weekend was all taken up. Saturday I had Fire School all day. Didn't get home till after 4. Went to bed was up after 10:30 for a structure fire got home after 11 and went back to bed.

Sunday it was too cold to go outside and try airbrushing anything. So I sat around the house and spent sometime with the family.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
My daughter’s softball game on Saturday was rained out. My son’s birthday pool party went off without a hitch despite the rain. On Sunday my son’s baseball game was delayed about an hour because of the field conditions. They finally moved the game to an alternate location.

I painted and assembled guard rail from a Rixx kit I recently purchased. I also installed it on the Passenger Station Diorama. I added a LaserKit wood deck to a Athearn 50’ flat car and weathered the deck.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Friday night I watched the series Finale of JAG. I spent most of saturday shopping for a new shower for our downstairs bathroom as well as washing the car. On sunday I watched the Nascar race from Talledega (go Gordon!)
Modeling -wise, I spread some more hydrocal over the moutain scenery I built over the last week. I painted my backdrop and installed it and the last thing I did last night was glue form forms against the backdrop to form the mountian in which my mine shaft will go.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I did some 1:1 scale landscaping in the yard, and finished off the weekend with some 1:87 landscaping on the layout. I added a few bushes and flowering shrubs to my residential area, which helps add a bit of detail and disguises the "plastic edge of the building" line at the edge of those houses. I also painted some trash cans and fire hydrants and placed them. Little bits of detail help.

I also primered my two brass Birney bodies--next I guess I'm going to have to go ahead and paint the bodies. I plan on leaving them, for a while anyhow, in an unpowered state on the "dead line" of my locomotive service facility, where the real ones sat for sale, so at least they'll be on display while I figure out how to do a real repowering job on 'em.

Rounded it off with a nice operating session.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Worked Friday, set up modules at a show in Kenosha, Wi. Friday night. Worked Saturday, and was up in Kenosha Sunday. Got home Sunday night, got the modules back in the basement, disassembled and stored the trailer, found my recliner and a glass o' scotch, and relaxed.

I carved out holes in the foam board for the turnout motors, and built a depot. Unfortunately the depot doesn't belong on my layout - wrong architecture altogether, but I'm going to give it to a friend of mine who will put just about anything on his layout.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well it was a decent modeling weekend.

Friday both packages arrived so I had plenty to do. Slapped together the ConCor Gon, new bettendorf trucks ( it came with RB ) and couplers, lubed up the 2 new engines, broke them in and added the gon to a train, started 4 Accurail car kits but found they needed some painting first.
Sat went to the LHS to get paint came home with 3 different brands, none matched the cars, so I put together another car kit, then got a brainstorm, I had some of the acrylic craft paints that TomPM uses, and just happened to have the colors that I could mix to match the NYC red oxide on the Accurails, spent most of Sat evening formulating but came up with one really close match.
Sun mixed up a batch and painted the weights and underframe then finished the cars.
Thanks Tom for the tip on those paints, your mixture worked well in the airbrush!

Trains were run.-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!-
wave.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Saturday, started to put a plastick kit together (stone & gravel) to complement the quarrie,
Sunday was wondering what to do next when the phone went, ans I was invited to a running sesion on a friend of a friens layout, and met up with some friends that I had not seen in nearly 12 yrs, ran trains and caught up on things with them for many happy hours... had a realy great weekend...have a good one..steve