Its Monday 5-01-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I spent a lot more time away from the house then we planned. Friday night we attended a Wilmington Blue Rocks game that my kids’ had earned tickets for by completing a reading challenge in school. Saturday was my son’s birthday party. Sunday he had a baseball game and we hit the malls for a while. We did get to Home Depot and pick up a few things.

The only modeling that I got to was for the garden railroad. We bought some rock at Home depot and I used it to fill in a depression where we have had trouble with the trains staying on the track. Nothing happen in the HO world.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I managed to fix the steering column in the car, it took a couple hours to tear it all down, tighten 2 bolts and rebuild it. Hopefully the loc-tite that I used will hold so I won't have to do that again.
On the modeling front I painted the club's SW1200rs, now it's just waiting for the paint to cure enough for the decals to be added. I also did some work on a few club member's engines. He gave me two IHC steam engines. with the first (a 4-8-2)I shortened the vanerbuilt tender and added a bell. The other (4-6-4) required a complete re-paint as well as a shortened tender. The tenders an these two engines are almost as long as the engines and don't look very good, so shortening them is fairly simple and easy.
Unfortunetly the only work I did for myself was to paint a set of handrails for my RS-3 while I was painting the SW unit.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Got nothing done train-wise. Didn't even get stopped once at the crossing near our house. :cry: I'm probably one of the few waiting for the gates to go up that really doesn't mind. :wave:

I did get a honeydo finished, built some shelves for my wife's den, and started on a himdo, reworking my poker table. Seems like we wore out the felt cloth already.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

C

Catt

Got some stuff decaled ,but no pics yet.Went to the Port Huron show yesterday (6 hours round trip,my butt still hurts:D )

It was a nice show found some Bachmann passenger cars my buddy and I were both looking for(yes enough for both of us)got another Red Caboose autorack and a Bachmann center flo in PC that I am curently removing the PC lettering from.Sorry Ralph but the PC does not exist in 2006 or I would have left it that way.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Catt said:
It was a nice show found some Bachmann passenger cars my buddy and I were both looking for(yes enough for both of us)got another Red Caboose autorack and a Bachmann center flo in PC that I am curently removing the PC lettering from.Sorry Ralph but the PC does not exist in 2006 or I would have left it that way.

Dang! Why can't I find those center flos at hobby shows! ? :)
Ralph

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
tad late. I spent the weekend at the GBTS. Saw one of Interurban's friends (soryy if I can't remember who) but no other members. I finished (mostly) a building I started at the Xmas show, then resumed work on an engine shed. I had a small display with a couple of my buildings (see April contest) and one of Robin's. Also had a mechanical interlocking panel. Bought a pile of books and 4 coaches.
Monday we went up to open the trailer and spend a couple of nights. Was in good ahpe, but full of Ladybugs. Also found out when blackfly season is.