Its Monday 4-18-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
What a nice weekend we had. Lots of sunshine and great temperatures were the norm for both days. My daughter’s softball team lost. Right now it is tough for the girls because many of them are adjusting from the pitching machine to live pitch. Also many of the pitchers have never pitched before so there a lot of walks. My son’s team, however, won their game. My son had the game winning RBI! We also did some gardening around the house.

The last piece of the RLK&T came down over the weekend. I finally took the mountain and water fall down. The kids and I then set down some foam over the plywood and the RK&M took shape. Right now it is just a fancy oval, but trains are running over the tracks including the Water Tower Diorama and Passenger Station Diorama. I finished painting the ground on the highway portion of the Passenger Station Diorama. I also started to make waves in the stream with Woodland Scenics Water Effects.

Here's a couple of quick pictures of the "new" RK&M:
bcv.jpg

bcw.jpg

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
On Friday I insured the summer car (87 Iroc-z camaro) On saturday I washed it and then did a little model work.
I finally finished the warehouse, adding the wall caps and roof details. I then started to re-paint a boxcar for my modelRR club. It's our city's centenial so we dicided to make a centenial boxcar to put on the layout. Now I need decals for the thing. I cast some retaining walls and a tunnel portal using a mold that I got a little while ago.
On Sunday I drove to Vernon and back to blow the car clean of everything that it collects when it sits for 6 months.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Looks Good Tom & trains1972. My weekend was a busy one. Saturday i spent down at the fire hall selling subs. Sunday well it got even more busy after 4:30. Had a brush fire involving 4 acres. Didn't get home till after 8:30 that night. I really wanted to work on my trains but this past weekend was just busy. Sounds like everyone else had a nice weekend.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Me modle, this past week end, no way, I started with two (2) kids for a week, by thursday the number climbed to four (4) they sure can run an old man rugged, but I would not change a thing I may be worn out, but I had a ball so I think did the kids.
cant wait till the next holidays, so I/we can do it all over again...have a good one..steve

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
I started out with no plans on Friday except running trains, which I did. Liked the Atlas U23B so much ordered another today. After the trip to the LHS Sat., of course I couldn't leave there without some cars. I ended up building 2 cars between Sat., night and Sun. A quickie Bowser flat and a P2K Mather stock car. Then ran trains some more. I also picked up some Model Power NYC trailers w/ tractors, unfortuneatly they are modern tractors and it was a bit pricey just for 2 trailers, the cabs are nice just too modern for the 60' / 70's, luckily I had a 20% off coupon I used on them.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!-
wave.gif

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Some very neat things happening here folks. Looking forward to seeing more of the roller coaster trains1972.
I have made some progress on the water tank I am scratchbuilding for the Georgetown Sub Photos in the scratch and bash forum

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Tom, you dioramas are fitting in nicely in their new home. Looks great!

Trains1972, that is a fantastic model of a rollercoaster you have going on!
Ralph

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Spent money at said train swap meet, started my three track signal bridge project---spliced from two two-track bridges and painted a passenger car...nice pics, guys :thumb:

Attachments

• siga.jpg
    siga.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 54