Its Monday 4-10-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend was a bad one for modeling. I got nothing done. We did the biweekly shopping treks. I spent Sunday replacing our garbage disposal. I also helped with my daughter’s softball clinic. We bought my son a new loft bed for his upcoming birthday from Ikea and began assembling it last night. Some craftsman kits are easier than this bed. On the bright side during the shopping marathon we stopped at Mitchell’s Hobbies. I did not get anything for myself as they were out of the bulk packs of Kadee couplers, but we did get my son two G-Scale building s for his birthday.

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
Good Morning from Sunny NE Ohio
where we have Blue Clear Skies with temp of 42 deg and headed to 60's. bounce7

Thanks Chief, just another year has passed.balloon6

Quite day planned today, family coming over for pizza party and cold beer.aussie

pic of the day

47b5df34b3127cce9e22a765ac3b00000017108IZMmrFwxbA

:wave:

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I got lots of inspiration this weekend--went to a Western Pacific Railroad Historical Society conference in Chico, CA. I heard from folks who are building layouts, met a historian/railfan/geographer who drove the 44 tonners that I model, got some nice positive compliments about my HO scale 44 tonners (I brought them along to display) and picked up some good resource material.

Inspired, I went home and installed a bunch of 1/8" Masonite for my backdrops--I'm almost finished tacking up Masonite, next I fill the gaps with sheetrock mud, do a little sanding, and then it's time for the blue paint!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I got an oil change for the car and dug up my garden on saturday. On Sunday I re-arranged my Model railroader magazines, I think I'm going to need at least 10 more magazine folders for my library and then I have to get rid of the doubles and surplus.
On the modeling front I painted the CNR green on my club's GP-7 and now I'm waiting for the paint to cure before I can decal. On Sunday I took apart the IHC /president's choice hudson and started repainting it.
On Sunday night my In-laws took my wife and me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday (35)

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
I did some plaster work on the hills, carved out where the lake will be, and bought myself some lead weights and an Athearn BN Kenworth semi tractor kit (ho scale)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Found a great deal on an HO display shelving system at a diecast car dealer of all places. Apparently they were used to display the former owner's NASCAR collection. Put them up and cleaned up the layout niche---my corner of the bedroom. Now I don't have to dig my pets out from storage boxes or clutter up my module.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Papa Bear said:
Looks great, Bob. Is that the B&MC below?

Yup, that's her. I have one other module under construction, a roundhouse and turntable, with one on the way, a bascule bridge. Eventually, they will connect with 2-3 others I have planned, around a room, leaving only the corners to be constructed per what ever space (radius) I may have. Those corners will likely be left unfinished as they will essentially be disposable from one move to the next.