Its Monday 3-20-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend was busier than most. We spent a great deal of time running around doing all those little errands that seemed to have been piling up for quite a while. Of course part of it involved getting stuff we need for my daughter’s Girl Scout Troop’s trip to New York City this coming weekend. My son’s pinewood derby car did OK. He got eliminated in the third round which is far better than last year. Last year he had a second place and third place. This year he got one 1st place, three 2nd places, and one 3rd place. My daughter finished out basketball with a win.

On the modeling front things started out well. I made and installed grab irons on the F&C Coal Car. I finished one side and half the other, although I made all the grab irons I need for the second side. I added weights to the five Athearn hoppers and painted them so they are finished except for loads.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
weather was too nice to be inside so lots of work done outside, although did get some time to sit down on Sat nite and draw out a proposed track plan for a 30 inch by 5 ft module that will attach to the side of the layout..Ron..

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Did a lot of reading and research about operations: car cards, waybills, etc. Also threw together a Atheanr bulkhead flat car, and ran some trains on the pinned down proposed track layout. Oh... finished up about 60 trees that had been sitting on the living room coffee table.

C

Catt

The only hobby related things I did this weekend was get some pics posted and went to a trainshow in South Bend,Indiana.The show was almost a waste of time but the side trip to Elkhart to check out the Elkhart & Western RR made thre trip worthwhile (except of course the camera was back in Grand Rapids).

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
After working 6 hours overtime and runnig errands all saturday I didn't do any modeling until sunday when I added some diagonal bracing to my mine structure and worked out most of the bugs in my old MDC 0-6-0t. It still doesn't track especialy well though, wants to derail on one spot of track that everything else goes through.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Got a really good jump on my bascule bridge, about 4 hours work.

Attachments

• DSCF2792.JPG
    DSCF2792.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF2793.JPG
    DSCF2793.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF2794.JPG
    DSCF2794.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF2815 (2).JPG
    DSCF2815 (2).JPG
    38 KB · Views: 42

Hookups

Mar 11, 2006
Berlin Hts Ohio
Hi all,

I got alot in for modeling this weekend.

Finished weathering my new GP15Ts-CSX. I am getting back into the hobby since the 90's, and I thought that doing a good weathering job was going to be tough. Well, it wasn't, very happy with my work on them.

Sunday, loaded them up and took them to run on my father-in-law's layout for a opp. session. We started around 9 a.m. and did not cut the power to the layout till 4! Time flew by. We are just now starting to do opp. sessions, just figuring out the bugs on how much we can do in the time that we will set for us.

Jerry