Its MONDAY 2-7-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It would appear that Matthew is running late today so I’ll guess I get things started.

I had a good weekend modeling. I finished assembling the LNE billboard boxcar. I also assembled the Piko G-Scale Leather Goods Building. I even added more trees and foliage to the Passenger Station Diorama. My son and I even ran some trains on Sunday.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Thanks Tom. Yeah i am running a little late this morning since i stayed down my sister's house last night. I got to get some things done i had planned this weekend. Didn't get to paint my hopper cars this weekend though. Didn't get anything done yesterday because we celebrated my niece's birthday on sunday even though she turned 4 on Wednesday. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I was called into work on Saturday Morning at 6:00 and worked till' noon. After that all I really wanted to do was sit in front of the TV for the rest of the day but I did manage to put the ground throws in for the two turnouts I added last weekend and paint the main roads in my city area, using a mix of black and storm cloud grey to get a nice dark grey ashpalt color. I was going to work on my meat packing plant but that didn't work out except for sheeting the awning with corrogated foil.

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
My son and I got a lot done this weekend. My son started weathering some cars and engines first time. He did not get that many done but it took him a long time to paint each one. I got more trees on the layout for the layout party.
Here is pictures of the train that my son weathered.

feb60395qg.jpg

feb60385rk.jpg

I only get to work on my layout on weekends since I work about 15 hours a day. And if the wife does not have a list of stuff for me to do.
Well I was able to test the 10 switches I got from ebay and low and behold they all work!!!
So I started work on my yard, that gobbled up all ten switches, looks like I'm actually getting somewhere. I'm hopping to get pictures of it next Saturday to share with you guys.
Have a great week.

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
It snowed all weekend so I got a lot done for a change. I installed the lighting kits in my new Zephyr passenger car set. Then I converted all my rolling stock to metal wheels. Then I started painting the 120 little people to go in the cars. Thats going to take a while to say the very least but its still snowing so nothing better to do. Of course other then shovel more snow.

Ron :thumb: :wave:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well all I did this weekend was fix my mates car, he pulled up and was boiling, the car, not him.. changed his thermastat( he droped a bolt and lost it, so spent about an hour finding a replacement,:mad: he has four great kids and THEY WERE ABLE TO PLAY TRAINS,:D :D :D :D no so for me.:cry: :cry:have a good one..steve

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
With work and all this weekend,

All I did was run trains when I could, but I did manage to have a big derailment, Was doing laundry and running trains, went upstairs to check on dinner, when I came back down stairs I saw cars laying on their side at a switch, the headend of the train but no engines, it is near the edge of the layout so my worst nightmare was to walk around the corner and find them in pieces on the concrete, looked on the floor and no engines, then I found them at the rear of the train, apparently uncoupled, ran around into the rear but derailed nine cars, two tanks on their side, HazMat and Hulcher came in, haha. Moral is never leave trains unattended running on the layout, gremlins go to work!!-:eek:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!-:wave:

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Ordered the electronics needed for my John Deere Dio.
That I was supposed to have done at Christmas... OOPPPSS!!! :eek:

Now to get a friend that knows electronics to do up the order of where gets wired where...
then get my other friend to show me and DO some of the soldering. Ack! :eek:

Also, did some more daydreaming and setting cardboard "mocks" around my layout base. :thumb:
Think I got a plan that'll work. Now to remember to get some'n up here for all to see & get feedback. Hmmm...
What was I typing about..... :rolleyes:

Nemo22

Jan 20, 2005
Went to the LHS sunday, not planning on picking anything up, but the temptation was just too great...

Came home with a new Loco (Atlas RS-3 CP Rail), 7 pieces of rolling stock, and another book (Track Planning for realistic operations). Great haul and great price, there were 2 more engines, but managed to hold back...

Now I really need to get a layout designed and started! This book should be a big help now.

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
Finished 2 mountains painted and landscaped. 80% finished mountain with tunnel in it painted, landscaped. Just waiting for tunnel openings from get this: MY LOCAL HOBBY SHOP! Sure there 40% more then mail order but he is cool to talk to. And my daughter loves the place (just have to really really watch her). I'll save the scratch building for you pro's. I'll just order my openings thank you!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: