Its Monday 2-20-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I had a good weekend modeling. I changed gears some. On Friday I went to Mitchell’s Hobbies in Wilmington and found a Walthers Medusa Cement Company kit and bought it. I have been assembling it since. I had a lot trouble with the silos fitting together and had to use white putty to covert he joints. I also set it up on the layout and laid out the tracks to serve it. I finished painting the weights for the Athearn 2-bay hoppers and the trucks for the Atlas 2-bay hoppers.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
It has been unseasonably cold down here in Houston for the past 4 days, we were in the high 30s. So, my plan to glue all the foam to the shelves was derailed. Instead, I cleaned up and organized my train storage area, and then weathered about 10 tank cars.

So of them turned out pretty good, so of them so-so. Hopefully next weekend will see a full two days of bright sunshine and pleasant weather so I can get the foam glued and then it will be time to lay some track.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent Saturday morning behind the wheel of a Kenworth tractor and 48' trailer. I'm currently going for my class one driver's liecense. Hopefuly I can get that done soon.
I did clean up my workshop, installing a new glass worksurface on my modeling bench and I also built a new test track so I can test engine and cars on the bench. The test track also includes a Kadee coupler height guage on one end. I also built a small shanty kit and started to install the motor unit for my atlas turntable. I just need the switch to hook it up.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Spent it worktesting my new cradle I built. My first vitims...er...projects were an AHM steam sound freight car rewiring project and joining my Siamese twins, Tweedledee and Tweedledum together. The added wheelbase will help the electrical pickup for both lokeys. Also working on a Heljin turntable kit I picked up last week.

Attachments

• work.jpg
    work.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 41
  • tweedle.jpg
    tweedle.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 41