Its MONDAY 2-14-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

I didn't do anything but sit around and sleep cause i got sick on friday and still am sick right now. Hopefully i will get better soon. When i wasn't sleeping i was sitting around talking to my mom. That's all i did.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Like you Matthew I was fighting the bug that won’t go away most of the weekend. Soccer and basketball games did cut into the modeling time but not as much as the biweekly grocery shopping.

I finished the trees and foliage on the Passenger Station Diorama. I also began assembling the Rixx Highway Bridge for the diorama. I picked up Trainz Railroad Simulator and loaded in on the computer this weekend. I spent some time trying to figure it out. My son enjoyed playing it.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Nice engine Ray, any chance of a side picture?

Anyway I managed to track down and change the starter on my car on friday afternoon so I got the rest of the weekend off.
I first changed out a small siding that had some ugly-looking trackwork in it and then spent the rest of my modeling time finishing up my meat packing plant. Now it needs weathering and it's ready to go onto the layout. I started to peice together my design preservation building but it looks like I was short-changed 5 wall peices so I've sent an e-mail to their website and hope to hear back from them soon.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Two boxes or cork road bed laid for the main yard. Started pull out bridge section to connect the helix to the yard. Started arranging the turnouts in the yard. Pictures are in the N-Scale section.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
TomPM- I've got the latest of the TRAINZ.
Drop me a note and I can give ya' some tips.

Hope you and Livesteamer get better soon. It went through me a few weeks back.

Ifinished the Shelving for storage so i got a place for my train stuff.
Sooo... I guess I worked on my railroad.
Wait! I did... I was getting help on my Herald on another thread. Der!

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Didn't do any modeling, but made lots of room on my modeling shelves by selling off my non-mobile stuff at the Roseville Roundhouse model railroad show--said hi to a fellow Gaugian briefly and had a nice time.

I sold everything but a couple of cheap Atlas trainset pieces and some old MR's the first day, and spent about $20 on a few railroady items. Because we didn't really have enough stuff left to fill a table anymore, we skipped the second day and studied at the library instead.

Although maybe that counts--I discovered the CSUS library has a TON of railroading books, and is thus prime for future research/modeling projects!

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
I got my benchwork built up for the new layout. Need to run out and get some wood for the top now!

IMG_6128.jpg

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
The benchwork came from Sievers, so I can't take all the credit ;p It's 10x12ft, but together using 5 modules from them, and some corner pieces.

The frog is some cigar smoking frog that at some point ended up in noose and has been passed down the family from my Father and older brother to me. That's all I know :)

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well,
Friday I managed to build/rebuid the two drives for the TMofI FA-1's I got from a fellow forumite. Tuned and tweaked and have them running pretty good for old outside bearing Athearns, ran them for an hour and got no motor heat up so I guess there is no binding.
Both on the track only draw .5 amps at 6 volts pulling a train, they are quiet forward but still have some noise in reverse, hopefully some more break in will solve that, I'm pleased!-:thumb:

Saturday/Sunday, well lets just say everything I heard about the P2K tank car kits are right, egads, its still not finished, but I did manage to only have one part fly into oblivion, luckily one they supply extras. From the looks it will be worth the effort, though.-:eek:

I did run trains obviously by what I did Friday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!-:wave:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Finished my saltbox house(ref thread in scratchbuild section), did some scenery work.
What else...Oh Yeah!..Started work on the next issue of the E-Mag.
Does that count?

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well as I stated on friday I wasnt going to get to modle/play trains.:cry: The missus wanted to be taken out an about,:mad: well guess what... WE had a friend come over we had not seen in a month off sundays,:thumb: with 2 kids in toe, THEY love trains, :thumb: :thumb: so when their dad told them I had a layout, the missus lost out..:curse: :curse: we played trains four about two hours.. yeeeehhhaaaaa.. I love a win over the wife..:D :D :D and love those kids....they can come again...have a good one..steve

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Oh I forgot... does sittinh on this computer buying train stuff count.. spent around 300 bigun`s. the boss is not a happy little vegiemite... but I AM... have a good one...steve

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
this week end i put together a atlis lumber yars kit and dull coated it and did some weatering . and i also put the handrails on my new atlis gilford D&H ge U33C and put kadees on. its the frist engine in my fleet that has kadees.

i am just waeting to get my taxes back to buy switches and to get started on laying track on my layout hopefuly they will come soon i miss not haveing a layout:(

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
I managed about 30% ground cover on a 4X8 layout I have just about completed ballasting the tracks have my custom tunnel done with an actual running train thru it! Who hoo! Switches work, track is clean and no derailments. Good weekend, I'm runnung the railroad as we speak.:)