Its Monday 2-06-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
We had a long and busy weekend. My son started Saturday off with an indoor soccer game. We left from his game and went to my daughter’s cheerleading competition. Her team placed second in their group. After that we had our annual football and cheerleader banquet. My daughter received her jacket for her squads winning the Cheerleader Association of Delaware County Championship. Sunday she had a basketball game.

Modeling wise I have a side project that is taking up some time. I am working on my son’s pinewood derby car. I did, however, begin weathering some wheels for 8 hoppers and three gondolas.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Got nothing done model-wise. I've been busy building a shelving unit in our master bedroom closet. That is a remarkable feat seeing as how I just had shoulder surgery the week before. Remarkable recovery.:thumb: :thumb: Anyway, the coupe-de-gras was when I had to clean up the mess I made doing it since my wife was down with a cold and couldn't help:cry:...she usually does. Bad timing on my part I guess.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Glen Haasdyk

I spent saturday Morning combing through a salvage yard with a friend, looking for parts for his 87' firebird and my 87 Camaro.I didn't do much else all weekend except I re-designed the roof mounting for my enginehouse. I made a series of tabs that fit in between the rafters so that when the roof is placed on and the interior lights are on the light-bleed is kept to a minimum. Now the only things left to do are attaching the chimneys and painting and attaching the doors. (and a little weathering) Unfortunetly I will have to wait for warmer weather before painting since I do it all outside.

Glen Haasdyk

An update, even though it's monday This evening I added the chimneys and placed the enginehouse on the layout. I laid the two short tracks from the turntable to the house. I guess next is wiring the whole issue.

2-8-2

I got weathering done on some rolling stock, and pics can be seen in this thread. I had hoped to get started on my benchwork as well, but Mother Nature had other ideas. We got quite a bit of snow, and it was too darn cold to be out in the garage this weekend.

jlg759

Getting Back Started

I have been away from my layout for about 6 months. The last time I operated it was for a local convention. Went out this weekend and took a look at where I was and will be getting things back in order and running again. The layout is in a 12 X 20 building i had built for the layout. I have been thinking of rebuilding and doing a smaller layout with more detail, maybe a u shape with shays and smaller loco's for power. I would like to have a lumber, coal, type operation. I also got out a craftsman kit that needs built and to get me back on track I will be starting construction tonight. If you would like to see photos of my current layourt let me know