It's Monday, 18-Jul-2005 - Weekend Modelling Accomplishments

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
On behalf of TomPM, let's hear about your weekend projects...! :D

Andrew

EDIT - OK, it's actually the 18th, but I cannot get the title in the forum listing to change, even though I have changed "Title" in the edit screen...

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
First time I've been able to say I've gotten anything done in a long time.:rolleyes:

Finished up the road crossing, had to touch up the gravel shoulders and re-glue the crossing. I have the RR Xing signs almost ready to be printed and added to the scene.

The City Station is almost complete. I was able to continue the roofs and minor details. I also printed on cardstock various details, such as 'Black River', the ATSF logo, ATSF advertising posters, and a route map to be added onto the station. I also have the manilla folder window shades done for the baggage room.

I'll post pictures when I make a bit more progress, I promise.

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Lets see I got 3 more 50' fmc box car painted and decaled. A new ext vision caboose torn a part roof painted and the side are ready for new paint. Ran some trains for a while. :wave: BTW, Andrew its the 18th :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I got a good four foot of track and two turnouts laid...:D:D:D:D I thought hard about laying more than that but I was busy finshing up the installation on my security system and everything on my body that moves, also hurt.:cry:really bad:cry: It was about 115 degrees outside in the shade, and probably around 165 in my attic where I was helping pull wires.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Papa Bear said:
Don, that hurts just reading about it!
Let's put it this way, I had the metal ladder propped up through an access hole in the ceiling. Around one o'clock, the top two rungs that were in the attic were too hot to touch.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

C

Catt

With all the OT I've been getting this year I think the only thing I accomplish on the weeks is 8 hours of time and a half.I don't think I've actually gotton any real modeling done this year.(got a lot of projects started though :D :D )

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Anoucement:the grange has a new addition to its roster. F/U28.

we took a minitrix mech, and an Bachman F7, and a minitrix U28 body shell and combined the nose from the F7, and the U28 body shell, cut behind the cab.

REASON:
In a yard accedent, a U28`s cab was compleatly destroyed, and as the Grange`s work shop had a cab from an old F7,(just laying around), and the company was short a few loco`s they orderd the workshop manager to redesign the F7 to fit on the chasis of the U28, and do it yesterday....

One weekend later the workshop manager rolled out HIS F/U28....Here is the result....
have a good one..steve
p.s...sorry about the pic quality....

Attachments

• ho layout 036 (Small).jpg
    ho layout 036 (Small).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 27
  • ho layout 038 (Small).jpg
    ho layout 038 (Small).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 37

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent all of saturday at my In'law's garage sale, dodging raindrops. I did however find shelter on their front steps and managed to paint and assemble two DPM buildings. my town now has the Bottoms-up bar and grill and harlee and son's motorcycle shop, courtesy of DPM's gold kits. Now I've got to start painting all those metal castings that come with those kits.
Sunday I worked on detailing an old mantua Pacific that my boss gave me to fix-up for him. he originaly just wanted a new paint job and decaling but I've added a few things like sanding lines, wire hand grabs and a scratchbuilt feedwater tank (not the prettiest scatch but it works) Tonight (Tuesday) I painted the boiler, cab, pilot and tender shell in their basic flat black. Pictures will come when the project is completed