Its Monday 12-5-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
What a busy weekend we had. The debit card is smoking after a weekend of Christmas shopping. I am about 90% done! One more trip to Toys-R-Us and I think we are done. We did go and out and buy our tree and decorate it. On Sunday morning my daughter played her first flute solo in front of an audience. She played Silent Night during our church service.

This weekend was a dud for modeling. I just wasn’t home enough. I did get to run some trains and check out my newest EBay winning, a MDC/Roundhouse Old Time Sun Oil tank car. When I opened it I promptly lost two of the screws and spent the next 45 minutes finding them which I did. At that point I figured I wasn’t going to risk it and went to bed.

N

nachoman

hmm. Well, I finished up a tunnel portal, and spread some groundcover around that area. I also added a few details to the kitbashing challenge structure.

kevin

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Bought a couple of "used" boxcars and promptly incurred the wrath of my wife who said "now what I am going to buy you for Christmas!?". So I wrote a list...! ;) :D

Also discovered to my dismay that some of the details on one of my P2K 8000 gal tankers has been smashed... :( I think this must have happened when I broght them to the display at October's meeting. Hadn't really handled them since then. Oh well, need to send a bunch of emails asking for replacement parts...

Andrew

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Spent the weekend entertaining kids with a semi-uncooperative Thomas the Tank engine (sigh). 'Least my purple Atlantic Coast Line "Florida East Coast Special" passenger consist was a hit with the mommies and old-timers. My 2005 Challenge module was a hit too. A view of Billy Joe Ray Bob's yard at the show...

Attachments

• 2005k.jpg
    2005k.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 12

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well no train ran on the Feather river, as I baby sat this week end, and I did not lose the baby once, although it was a little uncomfortable, sitting on the kid for 2 days.... but I had a ball with the litte one. Hope you all had a great weekend... have a good one..steve

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I'm also wrapping up one of the coolest club projects to come along in a while. I'm building a basic Plasti-Struct billboard kit and installing a scrolling LED marquee-like module in it. The effect is amazing and the module only cost $15... :thumb:

Attachments

• billboard.jpg
    billboard.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 11

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Ordered decals.
Thats it as far as modeling. With the exterior of the house decorated, Better-Half had me bringing the inside decorations up from the basement.
I'm beat........

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I did some painting on my DPM harley and son's kit. 80 (or so) metal castings that have to be painted so I have my weork cut out for me.
Oh yeah, I also changes the oil on the old dodge and did some christmas shopping.

C

Catt

'Cept for some pics of the 2TRAK Saturday evening there wasn't much railroady stuff done this weekend.In fact I've done more in the last two evenings. :) I'm messin' with the Matthysen sub. and actually enjoying modeling again.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Only thing MRR-wise I did was to go through those articles on the Jerome and Southwestern in the '82-'83 issues of MR that Jim Currie was kind enough to loan me. Interesting stuff in those magazines aside from the articles.

Oh yeah, I did spot a few more aliens running around my "tower challenge" kitbash diorama.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
its late but

I didn't do much Model RR related, except I brought a bunch of old Model Railroaders in to my office (I'm an Academic Chair (ok ok.. a laz-e-boy!)) so that my learners can get hooked on Model Railways while they wait to see me. Let educate the whole person right! :)

Graham