Its Monday 10-24-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
On Saturday we got my son’s first football game in between downpours. However, the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA lost to the Aston Bandits 13-0. On Sunday his other team the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AAA squad defeated the Chichester Crusaders 26-0. On Saturday we ended the TV shopping drama and finally purchased a replacement set for the living room. On Sunday I was able to get the last of the a/c units out of the windows and put all the summer yard stuff away for the winter.

All this real world work put a real damper on my modeling. I did finishing weathering the five gondolas I was working on. I still need to seal them with Dullcoat. I also ran trains for about ½ hour.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
On Saturday morning I replaced the older atlas turntable on my layout with a newer one that has more index points , then it was out to the garden where I had to pull all the plants up, chop them into small peices and dig them all under. That took most of the day.
Sunday I spent the day finally putting the walls up on my enginehouse project. Then I had to add all the trim on the tops and bottoms of the walls, corners and around the door. Then it was masking the windows, doors and roof foe painting. I tried to use Model flex CP tuscan for the paint but
1) It was too dark.
2) I'm guessing to was a little too cool out because the paint didn't want to cover properly and also dried shiny.
I'm going to try again after work today with so good old floquil tuscan, which is alot lighter in color and I'm quite sure will cover well.

screen

Aug 18, 2005
Sterling, Illinois
Here in ILLinois with winter bearing down Sat. was good weather for yard work and not much planned for the layout - Sun. was to be more but with rain I headed to a auction of an old farmer who I new had trains - Marx, rough pieces went for $75-80 - way too high! Antique dealers abound! Memorabilia (tons) was out of hand - Went home to watch my Bears win but Madison (2 1/2 yr. old grandaughter) had other ideas - She called out "papa let's run the trains - I said in a few minutes" when I got down stairs her mom said your to late - I plugged it all in and she new what switches to flip and away she's going - Madison looked up and said "papa I only need you to plug it in and mommy did it, you can go watch your game" Of course I stayed cause how often do you get the enjoyment of a 2 1/2 year old that can hold her own running trains-
She went home to bed about eight just in time for me to watch my Sox win! Now who could have missed a day like that!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Put together an Accurail o/b boxcar lettered for Grand Trunk Western. Upgraded with P2K metal wheels and Kadee #5's as is most of my rolling stock. My boxcar fleet is growing..! :D

Andrew

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Took my 18 mo. old daughter to the model train show. She loved the operating layouts (she's going to be a train nut), and I picked up a pair of signal towers for the kitbashing challenge and a trio of Accurail hoppers to join the other 2 I had (since I liked them so much). The bonus was finding out that 3 of the hoppers are in the same paint scheme but already have different numbers so no renumbering required.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Spent this weekend playing with prototypes. Took some visitors up to Sedona and while we were there we went on the Verde Canyon Railroad..... again. I guess you can go on the trip ten times and not be able to take it all in. I'll post a few photos I took of some structures and some rock formations once I get things edited.

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
Also went to the Woodstock Ontario show on Sunday - didn't open my wallet though as nothing in N scale jumped out at me (or I already have it). It looked well attended, but as usual, valuable train vending space was taken up by toy (I mean toy) venders who obviously have no business (or nothing remotely train related) there. Perhaps they got the date wrong as a actual Toy/Collectable show is this coming weekend and showed up 7 days early....geesh!
However I just love the musty smell of old trains.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Although not strickly week end work,I did paint my mountains for the sixth time, on mondey(my time) sunday (US time), I must admit they are coming up a rather nice yellow/orange sandstone colouration just the look that I am after.
Now if only I could get the look of fallen rock, instead of a careless spill.... well more experemental work a head of me.. ahhhh modleing, love it... have a good one..steve

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
no modeling this weekend, but I did get to take the train(s) from Springfield to Albany then down to Poukipsee (sp?) then down to Garrison on the Metro-Nort. Quite an experience. I can see why people opted to buy cars and take airplanes to get from point A to B in a reasonable amount of time.

I have to give it to the Amtrak employees, they were a great bunch of people. Seems like they took the schedules in stride and could only joke about it. I guess frieght traffic is more important.

Metro North is pretty good about getting people from one point to another. Their trains run on time. As long as AMtrak's train makes it on time, you can make it to the metro on time, otherwise, find the nearest bar and wait.

The actual boat ride I was going to take up the Hudson was cancelled due to the lovely weather we had on Saturday, but luckily, we were invited to take the Westpoint Ferry for 3hr tour ( the weather started getting rough, but we didn't get tossed or lost). Lots of good food and drink.

The trip back home? Humm, nothing like hanging around a train station an extra 2hrs with a hangover, staring at the ceiling.:eek:ops: