Its Monday 10-17-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a very busy and productive weekend for once. I got the ceiling painted in the kitchen and breakfast nook. I started taking the air conditioners out of the windows. I have two out of four done so far. We had two football games this weekend; the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA team defeated the Colwyn Comets 13-6 while the AAA squad lost to Colywn 13-0.

Even modeling I had a good weekend. I finished assembling three gondola kits and weathering the trucks and wheels; one Erie MDC/Roundhouse, one Frisco Bev-Bel/Athearn, and one Frisco P2K. Those P2K kits are tough with all the grab irons and stuff. I broke a couple and lost one or two. I also weathered the trucks and wheels on two Walthers gondolas.

First is a Walthers RTR gondola with weathered trucks and wheels.
aaa.jpg

Another Walthers gon.
aab.jpg

Next is the P2K drop end mill gondola
aac.jpg

Here is the MDC/Roundhouse gondola
aad.jpg

And lastly Bev-Bel/Athearn gondola
aae.jpg

Next step is to weather them.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Ran at Mike's layout on Friday night. Lots of fun... and I think I got him hooked on sound-equipped steam.

Saturday - visit to Railfair. Some deals, but not a lot. Most dealers now selling RTR. I did find an Athearn double-sheathed wood boxcar "RTR" (someone else made it up) lettered for Grand Valley - don't know where it originally ran, but there is a Grand Valley in Ontario so it'll do. Also got an Accurail kit for a CN outside braced boxcar with a number I do not already have.

Sunday - made up the above Accurail kit.

All this, combined with a Tuesday night dinner/presentation at www.ovar.ca made for more railroading in one week than I have done in the previous three months!! :thumb: :D

Andrew

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent the weekend learning about airbrakes and what to do with them. 8 hours on saturaday and eight hours Sunday both in the classroom. Today I have a 4 hour practical session where we learn the correct pre-trip inspection, and brake adjustment.
I did manage to get my Walther's American Millwork building out of the box and spray paint the basic colors on the walls, windows and foundation though. I was going to put the walls up on my enginehouse project but I didn't have time to stay in the workshop to make sure they would stay straight while the glue set up, maybe next week!

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Had an awesome weekend. It was the Truro (NS) model railway show and my bendtrack group set up a fantastic 3 scale mile setup (I'll see if any of the guys have pics and I'll see if they can post them. There was even some new second hand gear and I managed to acquire 2 CN green and gold DCC equiped FA units (N scale) so I can make the push to DCC on my home layout.

We ran all DCC this show and it wen't swimmingly, with a 43 car grain train at one point. I even managed to run a nice 20 car mixed freight behind the two FA's. There was a great energy at the show and a lot of the people visiting had a great time and enjoyed the trains. I just love watching the kids get so excited when they see the trains and try and count the cars, both the young and older kids that is :)

Graham

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
I finished up a 4 track thru yard getting the turn outs and track installed, and stripped a few loco shells getting them ready for paint. Looks like everyone had a productive weekend. Have a good week everybody. ( I am just found out my boss will be gone all week) :D :thumb: