Its Monday 10-03-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well Everyone the Weekend is Over once again. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

For me I didn't have the chance to do anything with my layout or trains. Between running fire calls to cleaning the house and a few other odds and ends that needed done I have been busy.

:wave:Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone:wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
What a long and rough weekend I had. It started Friday night with the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AAA game against the Marple Junior Tigers which we tied 13-13. On Saturday I spent the better part of the day at Chichester with my daughter’s cheerleading squad. Sunday it was back to Chichester with the Raiders Pee Wee AA squad and their game against the Chichester Crusaders. The Raiders won the game 6-0 on the last play with an exciting pass play. Around the house I continued working on preparing the kitchen ceiling for painting. The killer, however, was going out and shopping for a new minivan.

All this activity cut severely into my modeling time. When I did try modeling it turned into a disaster. My latest attempt at coloring the roof of the farm house just did not work. I wound up stripping off all the paint. I also realized that the only way I can do a good job with it is to disassemble the building, which I began to do. Of course one of the several pieces did not come apart easily and a couple broke. These events really wrecked my motivation to do any more modeling this past weekend. I did get a call from the local LHS and my Red Caboose LNE boxcars I ordered are in. Now I just need some time to go get them.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey, I finally got all three crossings between my old and new sections to line up, even after I open and close the swing-out section.:thumb: Getting the rest of the track down will be a piece of cake compared to that. Had I known what a chore that was going to be, I'd have done something entirely different.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

C

Catt

Got one P&P scenery module lookin good for the TTRAK modules.The other two are just gonna have to be basic scenery cause they are needed this coming saturday for our first outing of the season.

Did absolutely nothing to the 2TRAK modules.

Did get a little more scenery done on the Matthysen sub layout.

NYC-BKO

Not as much as I had hoped to get done!

Nice weather is killing the modeling for now, too much to do outside and not much daylight. Need cold and snow to set the mood!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-
thumbsup.gif

Pooh Bah
I spent Saturday at the Brampton Train Show. Sat in at times for a friend who had a tble of plates.
Bought a packet of fence posts.
Sunday we celebrated Dad's birthday: took him out to a dinner theatre production of Nunsense with my sister as the Mother Superior.

ausien

painted a cornerstone model, red brick and aged concreate, came to the conclusion that I dont like painting with an airbrush took me three atemps to get it to look like anything reasonable, missed one part completly, and its not even one of MY structures.... but its done now...

I also did a little painting on the layout and toned down the orange mountains to a dull red/brown....hope you had a good one..steve

zedob

Not much done in the modeling world. However, Autumn is here (hard to tell) and a new season of roadbed hunting is soon to be upon us, so as a concession to future railfanning and fallen flag hunting I put this contraption together. Cheap 2 cycle engine kit on a cheap cruiser.

I call it: "The Bumble-Mo-Bee-L"

It has no shocks and is equivilent to riding a weedeater running at full bore, but it's fun as all heck. It actually runs better while climbing a hill and it's alot easier on my legs. Now, all I have to do is trick it out with a few bags to carry cameras, measuring equipment and sandwich materials and I'll be all set.

Attachments

• bumble-mo-bee-L.JPG
    bumble-mo-bee-L.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 11

Glen Haasdyk

Wow Neat wheels there!
I spent Saturday at my In-laws garage sale. Not much to do there so I read a book and took a nap, trying to rest my back. I was going to build a model building but didn't feel up to it at that time. Sunday I Sanded the floor in my enginehouse and preped to paint, later My wife and I went out to go grocery shopping but then the power hatch in the car broke and we had to come home since the hatch no longer locks(going to try to fix that tomorrow, if I can find a replacement) later that evening I put the roof on my Harley and sons cycle shop, going to finish that up in the next couple days.
Of yeah, looking for parts for the hatch today, the inside door latch handle breaks on me!

zedob

Glen Haasdyk said:
Wow Neat wheels there!

Of yeah, looking for parts for the hatch today, the inside door latch handle breaks on me!

Thanks. Don't feel so bad about breaking the hatch handle. I broke the rear window on my Blazer while removing my bike. Not that I'm really worried, if it rains, it'll just fall through the holes in the floor.