It's MONDAY 1-31-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well its the last monday of the month and the weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished this past weekend?

I did manage to run just a couple of my engines. The Chessie & B&O combination were a great lash up together, pulled about 30-40 cars with no problem. I did lash up my two union pacific locomotives just incase they need a little help since my room is not level. LOL, but no help was needed. I did fix my engine truck on my chessie locomotive. Didn't get around to the farmhouse cause of some house cleaning that needed to be done that i didn't realize needed done, so i will work on the farmhouse this week. This is all i got done this past weekend.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I did not get any modeling done this weekend. I spent most my time catching up on what I should have been doing when I was sick last week. Of course grocery shopping, my son’s indoor soccer game, and my daughter’s basketball practice and game took up a lot time. Oh, well there is always next weekend.

I got a lot done this weekend. I put in about 7 dozzen trees and started on a lake area for the forest area. I finshed 1/2 of the forest area.
Here are some pictures.
Finshed this weekend
jan2920050078mq.jpg

jan2920050101zk.jpg

jan2920050099fj.jpg

This section still needs trees and the snow fall plus the WD water and the shore finished.
jan2920050046ey.jpg

ausien

ok I goofed, desided to put some colour in them there mountains, only they are now bright yellow/orange, tried to get the colour off sandstone, but it didnt work now i`ll have to tone them down a bit, any sujestions????have had a few from N gauger, and spitfire, but any and all would be welcome.

checked out the track work, and could not find falt,(darn) the boys did a good job of it on wednasday, apart from that I think I just ran trains...have a good one..steve

I disassembled one of my GE 40T electric switchers to tweek and clean the motor trucks. I have another to get running smoothly before I start installing lights and DCC decoders.

Glen Haasdyk

I had one of the most prductive and busy railroad weekends that I've had in awhile.
I cleaned up the boxes under the layout on Friday night. Saturday I walked to the hobby shop and picked up and atlas #6 turnout and when I got home I tore out all of my code 80 dual guage and replaced it with atlas code 100 (transitioning from 100 to 80 was giving my steamer and passenger cars fits) I also added a siding on the backside of the trackplan so I can put my CNR icehouse in. On sunday I cut and added the roads in my city area. These were made out of 1/8" ply. Now I'll have to sand and fill the gaps in it before painting.

NYC-BKO

I had a productive weekend, too! Did everything I listed in the Friday thread.

Painted and assembled 5 hoppers, rebuilt 3 older ones, all got 58's and metal wheels plus loads, it's starting to look like a coal train now, only 18 more to assemble. Anyone interested, Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer #7769 is almost an exact match for Athearn red used on hoppers & such, just prime plastic parts first or it doesn't dry right. Used it on the weights, couplers covers, underframe & brakewheel, quicker than getting the airbrush out and matching paint.
Made it to the LHS for parts plus picked up an E-8 & another SW-9 cheap to pair up with the one I got at the show last weekend.-:thumb:
I did run trains too, all weekend, it's nice when I can do laundry and run trains at the same time, still have some bugger cars that need watched, can't leave trains alone too long!

Glen, the FA-1 is still going strong, finally took it off to run some other power! I think it's quiet as it is going to get.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:wave:

francismaximus

Oh god a newbie that thought he got alot done... I wired 10 #6 turn outs ok 6 #6's and 4 18 inch curve turnouts but hey that alot isn't it? Then if you read my old post you'll realize it was all in vain. Or so I thought......

Ray Marinaccio

I made some progress on the locomotive projects.
I also returned 3 locomotives I serviced for a friend and ended up coming home with a truck load of lumber he was getting rid of.

shaygetz

Went to the GATS show in Mobile this weekend to look for some things to help my wife's fledgling interests in the hobby. Ran Thomas around the club layout for four hours straight...to the shagrin of the guys and the delight of the kids. Kinda fun to bust an ego when the kids yawn at a $600 Marklin digital Big Boy with all the bells and whistles yet sit mezmerized watching that cheesy blue lokey with the equally cheezy tan coaches go 'round and 'round, googly eyes going side to side. :thumb:

jetrock

I was out of town most of the weekend but before I left I installed fluorescent lighting fixtures to the layout's lighting array. It still seems excessive but I think I've found a good combination for layout lighting: three 22" compact fluorescent tubes, spaced a foot apart, alternating with 20-watt halogen fixtures. The fluorescents add a cool even light and the halogens add warmth and intensity. An incandescent "rope light" adds a soft background glow that reduces shadows, and serves as a stand-alone "evening lighting" light level with the fluorescents and halogens turned off.

The nice thing is that the fluorescents can be chained together so I only need one outlet to plug them all in, and one switch turns them all on or off...simple wiring greatly eases my mind.

i finally finish all the main line track and the engine yard. whating for more switches for the main yard. aslo for the first time i ran a train on the main line. now for the yard, diorama and the grade on the mountain.