Its Monday 1-23-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
We took the kids into Philadelphia to the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and Anthropology to see the Chinese New Year Lion Dance on Saturday. The trip was an optional school trip for my son’s 2nd grade class who are studying China. It was a fun trip and my daughter enjoyed it because she got to see mummies and things about ancient Egypt which she is very interested in. Of course we rode the train into the city.

I had a very good weekend modeling. I finished weathering the wheels and trucks for the three Atlas open hoppers I am working on. I also began weathering the hoppers themselves. I completed the upgrades to a custom painted LNE Mantua caboose that included installing window glazing, painting the railings and ladders yellow, and re-weathering the wheels. I still need to do some final weathering to the caboose. I completed installing the window glazing for the farm house. I began working on the F&C kit by etching lines on the back of the side pieces to look like wood boards. And lastly I glued the last of the pink foam down to make the layout base.

Glen Haasdyk

I won the lottery this weekend! Actually I won 20$. I guess I got 1 of the numbers right on the ticket.
Modeling -wise I've almost completed the roof on my enginehouse The lights are in and the rafters are done. Now I have to carefully clean the track once more before the roof panels are fitted into place (they will be removable) I also took some pictures of my progess over the last month so stay tuned for those!

rksstl

Well lets see I finished the GVR loco I've been working on, got sme temp track down so I can at least run trains again. Went to s show in St. Charles not alot of layouts on display but found a good deal on some freight cars a box of 12 Roundhouse cars for 2 bucks each a couple of which have already gone thru the paint shop and await decals. The best part is a non railroad freind ( only puts up an O gauge under the christmas tree) is now hooked and is planning an HO layout in his basement.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Didn't get to set up at the HOTrak Rally, but did operate a local switching job on one of the branchlines using my sound-equipped 0-6-0. Lots of fun, with my 4-year-old ringing the bell and sounding the whistle... ;) :D

Sunday afternoon, I hooked 5 sections of Code 83 flex together across the basement floor, and we ran the 0-6-0 back and forth for about 1/2 hour... :)

Andrew

C

Catt

Saturday and Sunday I got nothing done MR wise,Monday I got the track down on one of my new TTRAK modules,does that count?

CharlesH.

I didn't get to finish my lake, but I did start construction of my layout extension. Since I go back to school next week I won't be able to finish it until the summer... but it'll be worth the wait if all goes according to plan.