Its Monday 1-16-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Since this weekend was my father-in-law’s first weekend home from the hospital we decided to stay close to home. We did get grocery shopping done but no trips to the LHS as we had originally planned.

As far as modeling went the only thing I got done was gluing down some pink foam. Then I found some of the sheets I previously glued did not adhere. So I have redone two of them and still have one more to go but I am out of glue. So now I need to hit the craft store.

Brian

Dec 19, 2005
New Waverly,TX.
Well, I had hoped to get my track all laid out in preperation for the cork process......but I'm not quite there. I need to finnish working out the tracks and one switch outside of my train care repair house..... then I'll be thru.....and ready to trace my tracks and begin laying cork :thumb:

Hopefully, one night this week (tonight perhaps) I'll be able to get this done.......I want to begin laying cork and track permanently ASAP....so I can run a train on the fresh tracks!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I hooked up two turnouts that were on the other side of my layout, using model aircraft control lines. Works great and I didn't have to fuss with wires. I also weatherd the interior floor of my enginehouse so I can finish the roof trusses and add the lights.

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
I got most of the track I previously tore up back down, today I'm going to try to get some temp track down along the back of the layout so I can run trains again and did a little more work to the GVR loco I'm painting.

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
Still have not decide on the track layout design. I have lots of track, a lot of switches, 3ft by 6ft and 2.5ft and 6.3ft benches completed but no layout. Hmmmmm.

I did get 2 box cars, a caboose and SW1200 painted with the HPRL paint design. Just need to apply my custom made decals. I am searching for some decoders.

Still no layout design, though....

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Didn't get any of what I planned done.
I got sidetracked with an old Pennline F7 drive that I fit on a Varney F3 frame.
The parts for my milling machine came today so I can finally get it together and start on the back log of projects that have been waiting.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Real progress. Got all my rail and turnout wires soldered and run to where they will be terminated. I soldered all the wiring at the top side and ran them such that I did not have to crawl undeneath the layout. I figured that if I got under there, my wife would have to be dragging my by the legs to get me vertical again. :sleeping: :sleeping:I built a drawer at one end of the layout where all the wires will terminate. I picked up the terminal blocks at the electronic parts house today so that's a giant step.bounce7

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I painted My Walther's State Line Farm Supply Building with an Airbrush..first time I'd airbrushed a building, but the painting credit goes to my friend CadillacSD_9. We also got around to painting an Athern Geep, and 4 wonderful chair cars (coaches) and that's it!

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I really managed to finish the first stage of my H0/H0n3 test track.
In a second step I'll mount the board with a hinge on another one, so that I can raise it to measure the maximum grade a lokey can cope with.

Ron

Attachments

• Testtrack1.jpg
    Testtrack1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 11
  • Testtrack2.jpg
    Testtrack2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Testtrack3.jpg
    Testtrack3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 14

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Although not directly related to adding to my layout, I did re-arrainge and clean up the area under it. Boy did it ever need a cleaning. It took awhile, but I was able to slay the ferocious Dust Bunny fence1 that had been growing under there for the last year. :D
I actually found tools that had been missing.:thumb:

I did do layout stuff, but most of that consisted of "thinking".:(

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
While I didn't do any modeling per se, I did finally jump in with both feet!

After being in the planning (aka: dreaming and doing nothing) phase for almost a year, I finally went to the LHS (if you call a 40 min drive local) and bought some things to begin my layout.