It's Friday, weekend modeling plans!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Yes, another week has passed, what are we doing this weekend?

Plans are to strip some engines and prep for painting, plus build some of the cars I bought last weekend. I also found some E&B Valley covered hoppers:eek: up in the attic I forgot I had and never built might just try one of those instead, they're not a one night project if I remember correctly. I want to hit yard sales and flea markets, you never know what you might find to expand the fleet.:thumb:

Have a great weekend:wave:

Almost forgot, run trains:D

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Unfortunately I'll be mowing most of the weekend...three acres and 10" of rain last week! In between while it's too warm to mow, (this is north Texas), I hope to ballast and scenic 20 or so feet of recently weathered track. I've got a dozen or so freight car kits to do if it rains again. Of course run trains. I've now got 140' of mainline wired and running on the new layout. I recently finished detailing three P2K GP-60's and want to take a few pictures on the short section that I have completed the scenery on. I also hope to post my first pictures on the Gauge. That should be a weekend full (three days for me).

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I really want to work on my signal tower project, and decal my Geeps. But this week the heater core blew in my camaro so I'll be changing that out first, then whatever time is left over will go into modeling.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I plan to finish the U33B frame project ( if I get the "Honey do" list done).

Willie,
Sounds like you need a few of these automatic mowers like we have.

Attachments

• zack.jpg
    zack.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 87
F

Fred_M

Ray, it looks like you need grass to feed that horse, looks like your living in a desert. :D Fred

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
We made an unexpected trip to Phoenix today and stopped at An Affair with trains on Bethony Home Rd. on the way .
So I will be restocking my parts bins this week end also.
Fred,
Yes, We live in the high desert. The greenery is a bit scarce in the winter, but gets out of control in the summer during monsoon.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Finishing up that Hudson I started last weekend, got the headlight in (gotta love those super bright LEDs). No decoder in this one as I'm not interested in DCC on my home layout (too small) and I have enough of my locos that can run on the club layout. Seems like the challenge is gone too, once I squoze one into the Cab-forward, it got too easy. Guys at the club made it sound like wrasslin' water buffalo or something ;) . Weathering starts tonight.

Ray Marinaccio said:
I plan to finish the U33B frame project ( if I get the "Honey do" list done).

Willie,
Sounds like you need a few of these automatic mowers like we have.
Ray, even a dozen goats wouldn't be able to keep Willie's place in check with all the rain we've been having in this part of Texas lately. I've only got a half acre to mow, and it took nearly three hours (push mower) and half a gallon of water. This is usually the dry part of the year, so being five inches above the month's average so far is pretty unusual.

As for the modeling, I recently discovered a train store just down the road from me, so I went there today and picked up one of five Intermountain cylindrical hoppers I've been searching for (anyone knowing where I can find a Honeymead cylindrical is encouraged to let me know;)). Hopefully I'll be able to find the time after assembling my wife's 'acquisitions' from today (a new kitchen table and chairs) to get to my own model. So far only one of four chairs complete. It's not looking good...;) :D