It's Friday already?

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all. Got coffee on already, tea steeping and hot chocolate is ready. Bacon and eggs for who ever wants some. If your good, I might be able to fix pancakes also.:D

Temp outside is 16F, but they say it feels like 6. All I know is 'its cold outside!'.

Took the tree down yesterday and trying to get the house back in order after the whirlwind with the boys. Got called in to work today. Don't really want to go but would like to buy some more train stuff.

Am going to start a new layout soon. Don't know what yet - still in the planning stage. I'm wondering on building something with a wooden trussel but don't know if I have the patience to do it in N-scale. Who knows, it might turn out better than I expect. Will let you know.

Everyone have a good day and enjoy this short week.:)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks,

It is a little on the chilly side this morning but a least the wind died down.

I got to play with trains yesterday when I got home form work. I took down the old Lionel set that was under the Christmas tree and set up the new K-Line Yardmaster set that son got for Christmas. When I walked in the door from work he was waiting for me with the box and asking if I could help him set it up. How could I refuse? I also tested the Life-Like Amtrak F7A he got me for Christmas. It must have been sitting on the shelf for a while because I had to clean it up. It looked pretty cool with the new Amfleet coaches.

I still need to get the white paint I need. I airbrushed another boxcar shell. I will need to hit it with a second coat tonight. This one will be an LNE boxcar.

I hope everybody has a good day.

cpr_paul

Jul 2, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
It's 8:15a.m. here right now - and I'm the only one in the office so far. Took me a while to find the light switches!

Gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooong day. Oh well, thoughts of all the projects I drempt up over the Christmas break will keep me going.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
good morning AC, I'll have some bacon and an egg over easy with you. Coffee to warm the body. We have Tom's chilly morning here also with a little breeze to add to the wind chill.

I can't believe that you have your tree down already. We start taking our stuff down an New Years eve and generally run to Valentine's day :eek: :eek: :D :D

Have a good day all.

Good morning, everyone.

I'll pass on the cookies and other fat-makers. I had way too much of that the other day, and we still have another "Christmas" to do tomorrow at the in-laws. :rolleyes:

I spent last evening painting more detail parts for my tractor repair shed. I'm getting close to being finished with the detail painting, though, so I'll be back to construction soon.

These are my two daughters. I took the photo Christmas afternoon.

Everyone have a good day. I'm headed back to the Lake later this morning for a long weekend, including a short trip to the in-laws tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• j&r1.jpg
    j&r1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 71

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Mooooornin Viiiiiiiiet Gauge!!!!

Nice lookin' young ladies, Cassie. Bet yer glad they take after their mother! Sorry, couldn't resist the jab :D :D :D You must be proud.

No modlin fer me last night, wifey was off work and I had to work on restoring my fathers childhood toy little red wagon for our Christmas celebration on Saturday. It's sharpenin my madlin skills tho!

I know the feeling cpr_paul.....the only one at the office today too.....yesterday, thursday, others showed up around 11.......had to have building maintenance unlock the office for me.....I was traveling light and did not bring the brief case with the office keys in it....I am usually the 3rd or 4th to arrive.....oh well.....

things are gearing up around this town for the annual new years eve ball drop at the Jackson Brewery in the French Quarter so our neighborhood will be filling up this weekend with tourist and suburbanites comeing down for the festivities........gonna have to get the christmas box out of storage and pack things away because on the 6th on Jan. the Mardi Gras, purple green and gold bunting must go up.......at least that won't have to be taken down till March 5th.......gives me a break to do some layout work....finally.......TGIF!

Nick
Bywater Railroad
New Orleans