Its FRIDAY 8-12-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
We have the bi-weekly shopping to do. I also have some tree trimming to do. After that I am not sure what is on the honey-do list.

On the modeling side of things I would like to finish painting the railings on the Athearn Blue Box Chessie U30B I have. I also would like to paint the trucks, weights, and undercarriage for 6 reefers. I still have those covered hoppers to finish weathering. Then there is the ground cover to work on for the Farm House Diorama.

Now I need to go place my order with Trainworld for more G-Scale track. The birth of the Drexel Hill Central Garden Railway should be coming next week!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My N gauge 20 inch radius Helix is getting close to being done. I never realized just how lond a process this is and the amount of repetitive work gets to be somewhat boring. One loop to go so hope it gets completed this weekend.

Glen Haasdyk

Tomorrow my wife and I are taking my In-laws to the Kettle Valley steam train excursion. We rode it last year when it was pulled by a shay, now I think it's pulled by a 2-6-2. After that we'll be spending the rest of the day in penticton (about an hour's drive away) Modeling-wise I plan to finish weathering my Boss' Pacific and assemble a caboose for a friend. After that I have vowed to finish some project before starting new ones so I have an athearn crane to put hand grabs and finish assenbly, two DPM structures to put roofs on, and a fleet of transport trucks that needs their paint jobs finished. And I might finish wiring my doodlebug project.

Pooh Bah
If the weather holds, we are going to the Streetcar museum on Saturday night for "Ice Cream and Starlight".
My other project is installing a lighting unit in an Athearn SD40. I bought some ditch light castings, but I'm still a little puzzled how to get the bulbs and wiring in.
(The SD40 hasn't run for a decade or so. The wheels were coated with glazed on gunk -- I spent an evening getting it running -- had to use a screwdriver to scrape. It's my slowest and noisiest loco - extra slow gearing.)

zedob

I'm going to be packaging and mailing for the first part of tommorrow. After that, is still up in the air.

I need to finish building up a bridge abutment pattern before my order of molding material comes in (hopefully by Tuesday). (Hint, Hint...keep an eye out for another freebie offer).

My layout could use some work. I might just leave half a day for that.

Ray Marinaccio

I am going try to finish the research and prepare for the presentation that I'm helping with Featuring the Railroads of Yavapai County AZ. that will be on the 18th at the Prescott Valley Civic Center. I already have 2 large topographic maps printed out and lots of info that I need to organize.
I also need to prep a few more models to display. I already have 3 locomotives on display at the center.

ausien

I am not sure what I intend to do in the modeling way this weekend, I think i`ll take it on the fly and see what happenes...have a good one..steve

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ray Marinaccio said:
I am going try to finish the research and prepare for the presentation that I'm helping with Featuring the Railroads of Yavapai County AZ. that will be on the 18th at the Prescott Valley Civic Center. I already have 2 large topographic maps printed out and lots of info that I need to organize.
I also need to prep a few more models to display. I already have 3 locomotives on display at the center.
Hey Ray, that sounds great, I'd like to see that. I know there's a train show up there on the 20th, but unfortunately, I've got to be somewhere else that weekend.

As for me, I'm making slow progress on my track laying, but hope I can get a big chunk done this weekend.

NYC-BKO

Little late but had trouble logging in.

No real plans for this weekend except to run trains, too hot don't feel like modeling,

Hope everyone has a geat weekend!-:wave: