Its FRIDAY 8-04-06, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Another weekend is upon and for the second time in a row I have no set plans. We are getting ready for our vacation coming up in two weeks so we may have to run to the stores and pick up a few things. My son has started football practice so we will need to go over his equipment and get any last minute items. His first game isn’t until the end of the month. Beyond that who knows?

I would like to get to laying and attaching the road bed and track on the next section of the layout which is the Hillside and Grain Elevator Extension. I still have tress and foliage to plant around the Cement Distributor. Then there are the coal loads to make I keep putting off and the caboose to weather. Also I would like to start updating my website, I have not touched it in almost 6 months.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I also have a lot of Atlas True track and I bought some peices of reg. Atlas track sections, a rerailer and a wiring conecter to see if I could attach the bed for the true track under it.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Swap meet tomorrow and no bucks...sigh:rolleyes: That's OK though, I've just finished going thru all my carrying cases and check gauged everything for coupler height and rolling ability. Only had to pull one car out for long term repairs...not bad out of 107. I'll probably be weathering my Northern and/or one of the others. My beloved has updated my website by leaps and bounds, including a photo album, video page...even our family pine car racers:thumb:

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Although I am retired I usually have only the weekends to work on my hobby. Here is a little speeder I saw in a magazine and just had to have one in N scale. Scratch built from styrene I completed about 90% of it while on a camping trip last week. Hope to get it painted this weekend.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 41

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
While camping in Massachusetts I am not too far from Tucker's Hobbies in Warren, MA. Could not pass them up, but I bought the last of his Roundhouse 50' reefers they had marked down to $4.99.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 41

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hope also to complete the boxes I made for transporting my rolling stock. Made the dividers using "FoamSeal" a product used to seal sills on cement foundations in new construction. I just cut strips of varing widths and hot glued them in place. The system works well, now all I have to do is make a roll around case to fit the seven boxes into.
Gosh another weekend project!!!!!

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 40
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 43

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
MilesWestern said:
Shaygetz, I looked at your site...is the maricle strip really in FAIRhope, Alabama.... sign1 not very optimistic settlers, hm?

No, Miles, we're in Shalamar, FL. The billboard is set up on the layout to great visitors and remind members of the next show we'll be setting up at. Don't know where the name came from though nearby Mobile was a heady place to be during the Civil War. Might have something to do with that.

Great work, Bill, on that speeder. A consist of express reefers alone would not be unusual at all when the REA ruled overnight delivery and UPS wasn't even heard of.