Its FRIDAY 6-24-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Here we are at the first weekend of the summer for those up north and the first one of the winter for those down south.

Tonight we have a pizza party for my daughter’s softball team. Tomorrow is Fun Day for the Little League. Prior to Fun Day we will be having a yard sale. Right now Sunday seems to be free. Vacation is 10 days away!

I have been working on Walthers Farmers Cooperative Grain Elevator this week and have it mostly assembled and painted some. Since I going to be doing peeling paint I have painted the underlying wood color. Over the weekend I hope to add the rubber cement which will help me with the peeling effect and the final color. I also have a couple of covered hoppers I want to weather. I just acquired a new locomotive from someone and I would like to test it out. Also I need to open the detail bag and start adding them to the locomotive.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Tomorrow my Club is putting on an open house where we will be running trains and giving demonstrations to the public. I'll be running my CNR passenger train and doing a building assembly demonstration. We get alot of questions about how we build the layout so often it's better to show how its done than tell. We'll also be having a small swap meet along with it but there's not much I'm looking for at the moment and nothing I want to sell.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I'd like to finish up a small test project I started earlier this week. It's not a full diorama, just a one angle photo model.

When I entered my pic for the photo contest, someone mentioned that the scene could be very easily modeled with a plate girder bridge and a DPM model.

Well, that got the wheels rolling. I dug out an old Magnuson Models store front that I had bought 20 yrs ago, assembled a Micro Engineering double track plate girder bridge, found an old bag of Central Valley bridge girders, cast up some plaster slabs for a cobblestone sidewalk, hacked and whacked and glued and painted this together:

The first pic is the original and the second is my attempt. Mind you, it isn't exact, but good enough for me. Also, it's not mounted and there's alot more detailing and weathering to do.

Attachments

• NHamptonproto.jpg
    NHamptonproto.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Copy of Model bridge 002 cropped.jpg
    Copy of Model bridge 002 cropped.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 32

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
"When I entered my pic for the photo contest, someone mentioned that the scene could be very easily modeled with a plate girder bridge and a DPM model."

Hee hee! That was me! I'm very glad to see you try! Looks great already! As for me, I'm going to start applying layers of acrylic gloss medium on the water for my new car float scene. I'm anxious to get this done so I can take some pics.
Ralph

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let's see:

There is so much that needs done I'm not going to list any specifics. Alot of engine work and maybe build a car or two being it is supposed to be a hot one outside, stay in the cool and model!

Of course trains will be run, too!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!-
wave.gif

C

Catt

My MRR project this weekend is that 4'NTRAK corner.I've mentioned before about removing the branchline and using the innermain in it's place.

While visiting one of the LHS's here in GR we got talking about Rails to Trails.I've decided to model a portion of one starting on the first straight module to the left and curving it across the corner module to disappear into the backdrop,

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Hi there, more work on the exo HO layout (pix can be seen in my gallery)the fab four actualy got to gether at the same time in the same place, and did some work.

well the station board is all but finished now ant the residential board is fast aproching that stage.

sunday I am working on a friends coal dump track and stage. and of course I will run soke trains....have a good one..steve

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Its Saturday Morning and Dan and I are heading out to pick up a new gauge member ,(Phil K) for some railfanning and perhaps get a chance to do some operating on Phils HO version of the Northern Pacific in the cascades and Wahington State.
Sunday I am hoping to get a bit of modeling in.I really need to scratchbuild a handpump and make a couple of tree's to finish up my first On30 shelf Orphan ;)

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
I thought i had to work this saterday but i guess not, i just talked to the owner and last night him and the other owner got hit by a drunk driver and they are in the hospital, so i think i am going to vist them today .

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
After converting a cancer patient's loco to DCC, only to have it fail on it'd maiden voyage (ultimately found that the chip was defective), I'm building a decoder test unit based on plans from the Sept. '01 MR magazine.

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
I'm planning on getting somewhere on my wye tail that will be 1-N track so my wye is compatable in the future.
Already got my running in this morning. Then theres laundry and heading back to Biloxi on Sunday afternoon