Its FRIDAY 6-23-06, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
A weekend without kids’ sporting events what will I do? Also there are no shopping excursions to the local grocery store planned. I can’t remember the last time this happened. We are kicking some ideas around. We may go down to beach at wildwood Crest, NJ or perhaps drive out to Lancaster County.

I have spent most of the week cleaning and reorganizing the work bench. I got tired of every time I put something down on the work bench it took me days to find it again. My organizing also extended to all my model railroad supplies. I still have a few loose ends to tie up with the reorganizing. On the newly cleaned work bench I have a friend’s Accurail Virginian hopper, a Athearn RTR Klemme covered hopper, and a Accurail CN boxcar to weather. I also have a Stewart CN hopper to assemble. Then I also have about 9 coal loads to make for a bunch of Atlas two-bay hoppers.

jasbourre

Last weekend I started working on some mountains, this weekend I plan on starting my tunnel. I read a post a couple days ago about laying "Plaster of Paris" without making to much of a mess, I'll be giving that a try. Spray water, dust on PofP, lay down the paper towel, spray more water and dust more PofP. hope all goes well. I'll try to post some pics on Monday.
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=6930&highlight=Paper+towels
Have a great weekend...:wave:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Finish 2 P2K "Timesaver" 8000 gal tankers. Should take about 1 hour each or so. Hopefully I can find 2 hours out of 48...!

Andrew

Play-Doh

I finished ballasting!!! So this weekend will be getting all those little bits of ballast off the inside rail and off the tie. Then I can finally get running that train again! Rusted up some more rail and the bridge...results are good! Ill post a pic of that soon. Now I just have to finish painting that rail and then its on to painting ties. (Never again will I do this after ballasting)

jflessne

Ahhh
I get to clean out my garage. Getting reading to start my bench work in a few weeks. Work on some covered hopper kits. (
awesome
deal on
eBay
)

I might add it's getting a bit hotter here. 107 today.
Hmmm
wonder if my garage will be a bit hotter. :)

zedob

I have a feeling I will still be meesing with my truck. I have to change the fuel pump, which is in, of all places, the fuel tank. Jeez, what bonehead came up with that idea. It took awhile before I got the nerve up to drop the tank and put the new pump in, but I still have to put the whole mess back together. I hate playing mechanic, but I hate paying a mechanic even more.

The neighbors will be glad when it's done. I'm sure I invented a few new cuss words in the process.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
zedob said:
I have a feeling I will still be meesing with my truck. I have to change the fuel pump, which is in, of all places, the fuel tank. Jeez, what bonehead came up with that idea. It took awhile before I got the nerve up to drop the tank and put the new pump in, but I still have to put the whole mess back together. I hate playing mechanic, but I hate paying a mechanic even more.

The neighbors will be glad when it's done. I'm sure I invented a few new cuss words in the process.
sign1 yeah... yeah.... been there - got the t-shirt sign1

My friend's mother would be in the house, while we were in his driveway working on his car :) We'd let "a 4 letter word or 2" go :) and all you would hear is "Hey!! make sure when you come back in the house - you leave the "Driveway talk" out there!" Too funny!!!!!!

N Gauger

BTW - just in case you didn't know................ The "Geniouses " that thought that up - went something like this.. According to my mechanic....

We need a high violume/constant pressure fuel pump for the fuel injectors.....
Lets use this one... (Design design)
ok (not) ......... now the crappy thing overheats!!!!
I got it! GAS is COLD!!! Stick it in the gas tank - the gas will cool it!!!

Never ... never..... leave your gas tank with less than 1/4 tank!!! The Fuel Cools the fuel pump .. they gain temperature really fast when you run around 1/8 tank...... :( :( annnd heat is bad for them.....

............................. stupid engineers :(

zedob

That's interesting. Guess it's like a sump pump. Makes more sense, now.

Now, explain this one. I disconnected the pumps relay in-order to jump the pump to drain the tank. Changed everything out, hooked everything back up the same way (the electrical stuff only goes one way because of the special connectors), put some gas in the tank and turned the ignition and watched the fuel pressure gauge to see if it would go up. At first it didn't, but then it started to rise and when it got between 50 and 60 psi, the engine fired up. A big smile grew on my face and I started to disconnect the fuel gauge and clean up my mess, then I noticed that I hadn't reconnected the fuel pump relay.

Any ideas? This is baffling, but not a total bummer because now the truck starts.

Relic

I try to get something "railway related" done every day if not actually working on the layout. One afternoon was spent sifting ballast, I can get better than 1/2 cup from a 5 gallon bucket of crushed rock
Another afternoon was for grinding up the back seat of my old Old';s 88 with the yard sale blender my daughter got me. She also laid about 15 bottles of green (no two the same shade) paint on me so I should be set for ground foam
Still another was spent changing the lights on my three GP9's (long hood ahead)
I try not getting tired of doing too much of the same thing ha
I also found some paneling that got made into face board WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Ray Marinaccio

I hope to finish the Model Power RS11 I have been working on for months.
Just need to install windows, headlight and marker light lenses, wire the lighting circuit and weather it.
We are having a cookout for my Birthday later today so I'm not sure if I will have much time to spend on modeling after I recuperate.

C

Catt

Hope to get a little more done on both the HO SDP45 and my chopnose GP9.For N scale I have 3 cars that need some truck work done two IMs and one Roundhouse (All have MTL trucks and all have the same problem).

N Gauger

zedob said:
That's interesting. Guess it's like a sump pump. Makes more sense, now.

Now, explain this one. I disconnected the pumps relay in-order to jump the pump to drain the tank. Changed everything out, hooked everything back up the same way (the electrical stuff only goes one way because of the special connectors), put some gas in the tank and turned the ignition and watched the fuel pressure gauge to see if it would go up. At first it didn't, but then it started to rise and when it got between 50 and 60 psi, the engine fired up. A big smile grew on my face and I started to disconnect the fuel gauge and clean up my mess, then I noticed that I hadn't reconnected the fuel pump relay.

Any ideas? This is baffling, but not a total bummer because now the truck starts.
Unless the relay was the problem all along.... Maybe the old pump was good and the realy was bad :( :( That's the One Bad thing about 'legtronic problems... anti-freeze & oil - you can "see" where the leak is.... electrics don't give you any help :( :( :(

zedob

That's one of the things I replaced, first, aside from all of the other essential engine components that could keep it from running. I changed alot of those parts just on principal. You're right about not being able to see the elctrical problem.

When are they gonna come out with a DCC car? Two wires to run everything, that would be cool.:thumb:

Well, it's raining today, so I may actually be able to get to do some railroading after-all.:D