Its FRIDAY 5-20-05, weekend modeling plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Another busy weekend coming up. My daughter will be away for the weekend as her Brownie troop is camping in the Pocono Mountains. I will be managing her softball team on Saturday without her. My son has a pitching lesson tonight and a game on Sunday. We also have to do the bi-weekly grocery store trips. Then there is the pool. We almost have it ready. There is still some vacuuming and a few more water treatments. Then we only have to wait for warm temperatures.

On the modeling side of things I just finished painting and sealing the shell of a second Atlas U23B that will become a second LNE unit. I also contacted my mail order hobby supplier to order a set of Microscale decals I need for the locomotive. This weekend I hope to reassemble the locomotive. I may paint some detail parts for the Passenger Station Diorama and look at placing some utility poles along the roadway. I pulled out a undecorated 54’ covered hopper that I painted pink a while back. Maybe I will finally apply the decals for Ralston-Jefferson that I have for it. Also I need to inspect all my covered hoppers and make a list of any upgrades I need to do. I have three that I need to change road numbers and weather. I would also like to examine the Walthers Rural Grain Elevator kit that I have so I can figure out what I want to do with it.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well here in oz, the weekend has started, I went to my LHS and picked up 3 undecorated 70 ton ore trucks(atlas), that makes ten I have now, and I orderd another 8, ore train will then be complete, as that is how many trucks the quarrie tracks can handel at a time.
I then went to the club to check on the progress of the exo layout, and got lumberd with a project to build a walkway over the tracks from platform to platform,( was handed a box of bits an peices, and told to make somthing out off that little lot.) so I did(well started to anyway) hope to post a pick of it soon. more planned for tomorrow if the governer will let me out of the house again.......have a good one..steve:wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Gunna finish painting my new backdrop and start layout out the track on the expanded portion of my layout. Also plan on attending the swap meet in Phoenix on Saturday where I should meet up with several Gaguers and a few guys from the Train forum as well...

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
My family and I are going to the swap meet in Phoenix tomorrow.
I'll most likely spend the rest of the week end playing with new toys.
I am in charge of locomotive maintenance for the Central Arizona model railroad Club N scale group and have a couple of locos to put back together also.
If I find time I'll spray the locos I have ready to paint.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I will be doing nothing train wise this weekend. Tonight got to go down the firehall and get everything ready for subs tomorrow. Saturday got to make them and sell them, then go to work at 11 a.m to 4 p.m. Sunday I will probably have work again. So my weekend is all taken up by work.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
It's a tough call for me this weekend.

I need to do some modeling, haven't done anything in a while. I just don't know what to start on but I'm sure I find the right project before the nights out.

Trains will be run, that's a gimmee!!!-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!-
wave.gif

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Here in Canada we have a long weekend and with very little planned for me I will probably take the opportunity to finish up some modeling projects:
1) Finish the interior of the building my club gave me to make a cut-away building out of (it will sit on the edge of the layout so people will be able to look inside.
2) paint the Athearn F-7 that I started to build-up for my friend.
3) start the scenery demonstration module for my club. Next month we will be having an open house and we thought it might be nice if the public saw how we build things.
4) Actually work on my own layout. I have a couple rock faces to paint and I have to cork my narrow guage roadbed in anticipation of my track that should arrive shortly.

I will run a train, I can promise that!

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Catching Revenge of the Sith with my boyos. Will pick up a quart of desert dirt tan Oopsies from the Borg for my midget OneTrack module, paint it, collect and sift some sand for it over the weekend.

May play with my airbrush some as well. I would be installing decoders in my two Mountains and playing with some new toys, but the etailer had my old address and I didn't find out until I got the shipping notification. grrrrrr, probably go over to my old address and find out what they've done with my expensive package.

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
Well saterday is membership day at the live steam club, sunday im not doing anything besides working on some track for the n scales.

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
well to night i work from 6pm to 6am. when i get home i will be doing some touch up work small cleaning (just dusting cause my girlfriend washed it and cleand the inside today) to my corvette today. and get ready to go to the car show. :thumb:

on sunday i might get some time to work on the layout. but i also have monday off to so i will make time for it

VunderBob

Mar 11, 2005
Got moved, so I have a layout room now.

One of the church kids who helped is a modelere and railfan, so I'm trying buddy up with him.