Its FRIDAY 5-13-05, weekend modeling plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The Weekend Is Here Everyone :D What does everyone have in store for this weekend?

Well for me I have a Bus Rescue Class this weekend to give me some more training under my belt for firefighting. That will take up the entire weekend so no modeling for me. That's all i will be doing.

:wave:Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Friday night here in oz, and all I got planned for this weekend is to stay out of harms way(the missis) and work on the exhibition lay out in HO, plastering, shaping, what ever the guys need..... so from me to you...have a good one..steve

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend we have baseball games tonight and Sunday, and a softball game on Saturday. My daughter also has a pitching clinic on Sunday morning. My kids’ school has their annual May Day on Saturday.

As far as modeling goes I am not going to be too ambitious this weekend. I still have the ACL flat car on the work bench waiting for me to finish the upgrades and then I need to think about the load for the car. On the Passenger Station Diorama I have detail parts such as light poles, benches and such to paint and add to it. I also plan to go through the kits on the work bench and reorganize them some what. I may look over the next structure kit I intend to build which is the Walters Farmers Co-op Grain Elevator.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
More house work, fixing a garage wall, cleaning a refrigerator to sell, est.
Any modeling time will probably be spent working on a building project for my club. Someone had the brilliant idea to do a 'cut-away' building and scratchbuild an interior. Of course that same person didn't want to do it himself so I was elected!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
www.hotrak.ca operating weekend. Will likely only make it Saturday afternoon due to chores/renos/kids.

However, I did get my Spectrum 4-6-0 tender back together with added weight and it runs great! So I am looking forward to taking that out...

Andrew

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I scratchbuilt a couple of pine boxes last night for a undertaker scene idea that's rattling around in my brain so will head to the LHS to try to find a couple of suitable LBP organ donors to put inside.

Other than that, 1:1 scale yardwork.
Doc

VunderBob

Mar 11, 2005
Continuing to pack up the place for our move next weekend. Once we're settled, I'll start benchwork on a switching layout.

I have a couple of Ambroid Western Union materials cars that I'm turning into what traction railroads called 'line cars'. The trolley/traction/interurban roads had to have cars with platforms on the roofs for crews to access the overhead wires. One will be a line car, the other will become a wire & cable reel car. This will be part of my traction diorama. So far I'm adding new doors from LOJ (left over junk) and external side bracing. Interesting break from the plastic kits.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
In the process of building the benchwork for my layout expansion. Just about doubling the space I haave now. I've already cleared away the track and scenery where I'll be making the transition from the old to the new.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let' s see:

Better late than never but last night was a wash out, worked all Thur. night then came home a mowed 4 yards, only nice day this week. So I was too tired to even post.

Anyhow, still have the # bds to decal and handrail ends to paint on the PC-GP40, tuned up the drive during the week, it's an old Atlas/Roco so it needs some TLC.
The weather will dictate the rest, as there is lots of outside work to do, but it is supposed to rain today and Sunday. If I finish the GP then I think it's a toss up between a P2K kit or a Branchline kit or both. Some work on the layout, too.

Trains will be run, it's time to change out car consists and switch the yard!-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone has a great weekend!-
wave.gif