It's FRIDAY 3-04-05, weekend modeling plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is upon us once again. What does everyone have in store for this weekend?

For me, i have no modeling plans for this weekend. Just going to sit around and relax after a hard week of shoveling all this snow we got. A little sore from it so i will be taking it easy this weekend.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

Good Morning, Matt...

I like the Bethlehem Car Works head end car kits. I'm working on another one, this time an Erie RR lightweight baggage car. I'll have most of the car built and ready for the paint shop this weekend, but I may need to replace the trucks. The model builds up with an Eastern Car Works 'core' consisting of roof, ends, and floor that need to be cut to fit the Bethlehem car sides. The Eastern trucks are plastic truck-mounted cylinder trucks, and they don't match photos that I have, so I'm looking into different trucks for it. The diaphrams that I have will really add greatly to the look of the car, too. The paint colors are going to require some research, though. These cars were built in 1950, and came in a solid green. The Erie changed over to the famous Erie Ltd. 'two-tone' scheme in the mid-'50s and the right colored paints are out there...I just have to locate them.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This is going to be another crazy weekend. It starts with my son’s indoor soccer game. Then we drop my daughter off a birthday pool party while I attend outdoor softball tryouts as a potential manager. Sunday starts with church followed by more softball tryouts, this time my daughter will be participating. My daughter then has to go from tryouts to a basketball game.

I have no idea where modeling will fit in. If I can get to any I would like to weather the highway bridge and add it the Passenger Station Diorama. I could also repaint the trolley bridge pier and do some painting of some parts of the trolley bridge. I am also working on painting some detail parts that will go around the station.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I have to dig up the garden tomorrow to get ready for planting radishes and lettuce. But it should only take an hour or so.
Modeling-wise I'm working on my DPM theatre and bar buildings. Then I have two more DPM building to work on and all those metal details that are iuncluded in the DPM gold series kits. I've also got three HO mining trucks to weather for my club.

Bikerpete

Feb 27, 2005
Calgary
I don't have much planned, never do. Hopefully I'll finish the closet layout track-work, do some more research on DCC sytems and what decoders I need for some of my engines, and ....maybe....paint, decal and detail a Westerfield freight car.

PB

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Lately my modeling activity has been sidelined in favor of schoolwork--fortunately most of my schoolwork has centered around studying the history of railroads! This weekend I'm going to swing out to the Railroad Museum library to do some reference work--if I have half a chance I'm going to cut up some Masonite for backdrops.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let's see>

On the table right now are a Bowser covered hopper kit and a C&BT box car kit, I'll start them tonight and see what goes on from there, the Bowser may give me problems as I noted a sag in the coupler box on one end, looks like it warped after it came out of the mold don't know if I can straighten it, as for the C&BT kit I'll probably spend more time cleaning flash than building it!
Maybe break in another engine, though running out of room on the layout for them right now, expansion time???
Anything else will decide as the weekend goes on.

Trains will be run, too!! - :thumb: Yard needs switched out and consist need changed.

Hope everyone has a great weekend !! -:wave:

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
I will be wrenching on my R/C stuff,also if i have time i will rebuild a cylinder on my G scale live steam and also call up a live steam company and might order anothing 7 1/4 scale engine.

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
Putting down some kadee magna thingees so I can do some switch action. Between the dairys depot and the cheese factory. And putting kadees on my old tyco switcher. Other then that just playing, Im sorry running my railroad I meant to say. But last night I played for 2 hours (I meant ran, and where does the time go?). Have a good one guys.

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Well, since the postman was kind enough to deliver my two new decoders last night, along with a new caboose, I think I'll try to get the decoders installed this evening, and then take the caboose for a drag around the loop.

Also, will start on a little 2'x18"(?) OneTrak module. All of the above will take place AFTER I take a 30+ mile trip to pick up a Berkshire, Shay and about 1/2 dozen cars from my pusher, before he gets REALLY irritated with me for taking so long to fetch them.