Its FRIDAY 12-30-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
The last weekend of 2005 is upon us and we will be staying home with the kids as it is our tradition. The kids get to stay up late and make noise at midnight. We have the bi-weekly grocery store expedition to attend to also.

I have two tank cars, two covered hoppers, two open hoppers, one caboose that I finished weathering that I have to spray with Dullcoat. I would like to install window glazing in the farm house and begin painting the roofs and porch. Also I have finally begun the layout rebuild, so I have pink foam to glue down and more to buy, and then comes buying the track.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Last week I got tired of the poor lighting, so I said I was going to install new lights. By golly, I got them in and working. I am now going to continue on my new trackwork. The toughest part of that has been deciding how I want to lay the big yard. I found a few manual Peco turnouts, and so now I have an escape path for all tracks. I haven't posted a picture of my progress in a long time, here's a shot from the train room doorway.

Attachments

• Progress 1205.jpg
    Progress 1205.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 19

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Well Yesterday I finally finished the DPM Harlee and Sons Cycle shop, putting the final details in place and putting the ground foam in around it. Now I've got to put some grass and brush in the area as well.
But this is weekend modeling plans so this weekend I'm planning to continue with my enginehouse project, adding the interior details like the lathe and drill press that I got off ebay. workbenches and storage cabinets that I have to scratch yet, then I get to add the ceiling rafters and lights.

C

Catt

Have 6 of the sand hoppers ready for paint.I hope to get that done tomorrow.I have one woodchip hopper done I hope to get at least one more done this weekend.

I need to repair some track on the Matthysen sub. but I don't see that happening this weekend.

OOPS! almost forgot I have a Penn Central boxcar that I am patching for the GVR I hope to at least get the patching and lettering done this weekend.

This is all N scale if anybody is curious. :)

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Trees, trees, trees, and more trees... will manufacture at least 100 this weekend. I figure it will be good to have tons of these on hand when I finally need them.

Also, EzDays post reminds me that I need to install more lighting over the area where my lay-out will be built.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I'm involved with bits of family business. There's a streetcar charter in Toronto on Sunday that I might go to. Saturday night the Brampton Lyric Opera is doing Die Fledermaus and we have tickets for that.
And I rescued an old Lionel gondola and some Hornby track from my father's basement and I may try removing the rust and dust from that.

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Build two packages of American Limited Tanktainers (i.e., 4 tanktainers), hopefully paint them as well as the pair I've already built. May also get around to building the intermodal crane I have. Oh, and do the joinery and glue-ups on 3-6 slideouts for a friends built-in entertainment center.