Its FRIDAY 10-14-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is upon us. What does everyone have in store for this weekend?

Friday: I have fire prevention tomorrow at the local school here in town. Have to teach the little kids not to play with fire and the dangers that are involved with it. Then have to go down and cut up everything to make subs on Saturday. Also the fire company might be going to the football game with one engine since this week is Fire Prevention Week.

Saturday: Have to make subs for this Month's fire company subsale. I have a BVR-T ( Basic Vehicle Rescue Technician ) class to attend to. This class teaches us the new way of cutting vehicles since the vehicles have changed so much over the past 5 years.

Sunday: Back to class for the final time where I will be cutting cars up most of the day and then inside I go to take the state test for the Technician Certification.

If I do get to do anything with the trains I will continue to plan out my N Scale Track Plan for my Pennsylvania Railroad. But I highly doubt I will get to with this busy weekend I have.

wave.gif
Have A Great & Safe Weekend Everyone
wave.gif

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend could be a busy one. I have a kitchen ceiling to finish painting although I am not sure my back is up to the task this weekend. Sunday is picture day for my son’s football team and my daughter’s cheerleading squad. After pictures my son and the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA squad will take on the Colwyn Comets. Then in the afternoon he and the AAA squad will battle Colwyn’s AAA squad.

On the modeling front I hope to continue working on the various gondola kits. If I get them assembled I would like to weather them plus a couple RTR gondolas. After that I have a bunch of hoppers and covered hoppers to weather.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
This weekend I'll be attending my airbrake certification course, both Saturday and Sunday 8:00-5:00. I might squeeze some modeling in on the evenings if I'm not wiped out from classes. This is my first step to getting a new career in truck driving.
If I can I might put up the walls for my enginehouse project.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Today I got two buidings and with parts from my first in this series, I am kit bashing an other general store.

This one will be the lumber company store.

I am looking for stuff to put in the windows as items of merchandise as I want full interiors with lights.

I have some goose neck street lamps that I will use on the tops of the fronts to iluminate the sings.
I think I will paint one white and one grey and not distress them to much as I want them to look less that 20 years old.

That should keep me busy for part of the weekend.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Working on a Tree trying a new technique.its an 18-20" tall White Pine that will be a front of the layout type tree.
When trying new techniques things always seem to take longer and ive got 6 hours in this so far.If things work out, doing several at a time would be more effective time wise.

I know why canyon scenicks gets Big bucks for those show stoppers of thiers.This is very time consuming and i'm pretty slow at it with this neck brace still on :(

Hopefully things will turn out in the end and i'll have found a good method for me for these super tree's though :)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Drum roll please...after 32 years in the hobby, I've got meself a Kadee coupler height gauge. Stunning I know but, hey, only 8 of my 100+ cars and 20 locos needed an adjustment. Those 8 just happened to show up in one train at the club at the same time... :eek:ops: sigh :rolleyes: ...

My weekend revolved around a trip in the motorhome to CITY OF ROCKS state park , but got to look at UP double tracking and trains between Las Cruces and Deming NM and got to see the station and boneyard of the Southwestern Railroad in Hurley NM. Then came home and spent the rest of today trying to figure out how to get the car and my new Honda VT750 in the garage together without modifing the railroad. :thumb:
Mike

kmorris

Oct 14, 2005
Sorry... meant a Digitrax Super Chief DCC system.. but I AM a Santa Fe modeler.. and do love the Super Chief.. just a coincidence the DCC set is called that. :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Kevin