It's FRIDAY 1-21-05, weekend modeling plans!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is here once again. What does everyone have in store?

I have no modeling plans for this weekend. My brother is being shipped out tomorrow for 4-6 months training here in the states since he is getting deployed to Iraq. But before he goes to Iraq he will get 2 weeks leave and be coming home, then off to Iraq for 18 months. I will stay active with the gauge and as a moderator. But this weekend is time to spend time with him, well what is left. Sunday i will be waiting to hear from him if he gets to call. This will put a damper in my doodlebug, but hey family is more important right now than anything. Am I not right? I will not be around at all this weekend on account of another reason also. We are supposed to get 10-20 inches of snow this weekend.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
This weekend I might end up shoveling snow. The weather is calling for about 6 inches from Saturday to Sunday. Then I might go out and play with the kids in the snow. I am waiting on an order for the layout to make more trees for the layout party. Today I might finish painting the ground and get the other side of the mountian ready for trees.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
With a predicated 6 to 12 inches of snow coming this weekend I will be on snow removal duties around the house. I am glad we got the snow blower repaired this summer. On the good side it means I’ll be stuck in the house which could mean plenty of modeling time.

I have some projects to finish, like the LNE 0-8-0 switcher and Reading Mikado. I need to add coal to the tenders and dullcoat the locomotives themselves. I also need to dullcoat a Accurail B&O boxcar. The wife wants me to start on the G-Scale building she bought. It is a Piko Pleasant Town structure. I think it is the leather goods store. I want to continue recoloring the stones on the abutment on the Passenger Station Diorama. If all goes well I have a boxcar to decal in LNE billboard scheme. I also have a Lehigh Coal & Navigation 2-6-0 Camelback that needs weathering. Sounds like a lot but they are all small projects.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I have to work on a giant monster for an upcoming show, but if I have time this weekend I'm going to try to finish my layout lighting and backdrop for the first 18 feet of my shelf layout...I dropped the "upper deck" of my layout (the storage shelf above the layout shelf) from 72" to 66", to allow better use of the space above it and less consequences of the inverse square law on my lighting setup.

Also, if I have time, I'll apply dirt to the module I put Sculptamold on last weekend: I applied the stuff on Saturday, and due to the cold weather and my garage's lack of insulation, it only really started to feel and look dry tonight.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
It's supposed to rain all weekend so I think I'll be working on my meat pacxking plant anf the road system while I wait for my DPM buildings to arrive.
Strange weather for here, it hasn't frozen for the past three nights and half the snow has melted away already.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Weeeeellllll hopefully I/we will get the F.R.R.R. put back together, but it is also junior club day, and we have supervisory duty 20+ kids, 8-14 fingers crossed, 12+ adults. and the best of all....ITS RUNNING DAY... have a good one.. whatever your plans are... steve

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Riding arooond and aboot on my motorcycle. Visit my NTrak module at the hobby shop where its set up, probably run my V&T passenger train on it a bit.

Redo one of my newfangled legs for my other NTrak modules (blanks at this stage), and attach the legs to one of the blanks to see how they work.

Do my first wired/soldered DCC installation in an Atlas GP30. If that goes well, take my Atlas GP35 apart, mill the frame, and install a decoder into it as well.

Finish one of those Bachmann Car Shop kits that Model Expo was blowing out when they got out of trains. Unfortunately, the one that I grabbed to build turns out to be missing one of the end walls, so I'll be snagging an end wall from one of the unbuilt kits to complete this one. Or maybe I'll just put the two together as a very long car shop... :cool:

That should about cover it... :thumb:

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Being that I am in line to be part of the snow blitz, it's hard to say what will get done.

The Greenburg show is in Pittsburgh this weekend and I planned on attending that but with the snow I don't know if I will make it. Already contacted a vendor to make sure he brings a certain item. Hopefully I can make the trip.
If not, I have a bunch of retired Alcos I picked up from a fellow forumite that needs brought out of retirement, as with any model railroad there is always something to do. I'm sure if I'm snowed in there will be modeling! { even if I'm not;) } We'll find out Monday.:thumb:

Hope everyone has a great weekend and those in the storms path stay safe!!- :wave:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I'm dropping all modeling for about a month and a half for an ambitious project. I'm drawing up plans for and building a bookshelf/computer workstation for my two homeschooled children. It'll be in three sections with an overall size of 11' x 7'6". Here's the kicker---the center section will have a pull down leaf that will; 1.) house my collection of locos and rolling stock and, 2.) conceal a 4 lane loop/test bed of track in HO, HOn3 and N scale. While it won't be scenicked, it'll be nice to have something I can whip out and just watch 'em run.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Hey LS,wish your brother good luck from me and mine, and tell him to keep his head down, and come back safely, and your are right, family is always more inportant than anything else...have a good one..steve

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
ausien said:
Hey LS,wish your brother good luck from me and mine, and tell him to keep his head down, and come back safely, and your are right, family is always more inportant than anything else...have a good one..steve

Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend.

Thank You Steve. I told him and he said he will & thank you. Talk to you later

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Weekend Everyone :wave:

P.S It is snowing here now LOL :D

C

Catt

Well since we have 9+ inches of new snow as of early saturday am I guess I will be spending a lot of time working on/playing with the "micro" layout.

For just being a simple loop of track with a few turnouts this little fella sure has my attention. :D

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Good luck to all you snowbound Gaugers. We've missed it here in North Texas but in 36 hours the temperature went from 79 Friday afternoon to 19 this morning. Since my layout is in an unheated building I will be at the dining room table painting my backlog of Preciser figures. I hope to finish at least 25-30. I have about 400 left to go. LOL I may even have time to make a few trees...need hundreds! Just hope my glue isn't frozen, it's on the layout where I did some scenery Friday after work.