It's a hit

Tim K

I finally set up a fairly large oval today so my kids (and me ) could have a train to run while we are planning our layout and we are having a lot of fun.

I am very impressed with the Walthers Train line kit the engine runs very smooth and the control is also very good from dead slow to full.

If you are looking for a fairly inexpensive kit I could not recomend the Walthers kit enough.

Back to the fun and more planning.

Tim k

Tim K

I also wanted to thank Green Elite Cab for suggesting the Walthers kit and
everyone else for there help ,that's what makes forums like this so great :D .

Tim K

FiveFlat

Here's my favorite smilie when I want to see some pictures...

worthless_thread.gif

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
FiveFlat...

I have to disagree with your smiley...

After all, we've got the beginnings of a product review, a report of Gauge members helping other members, and most importantly we have news of dad & kids having fun with trains!

I give it -> :thumb: :thumb:

Andrew

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Tim K said:
I also wanted to thank Green Elite Cab for suggesting the Walthers kit and
everyone else for there help ,that's what makes forums like this so great :D .

Tim K

Thank you! i always like to know that i've helped some one!:D

Drew1125

Yeah...sometimes we "model" railroaders forget about that thrill of just getting the trainset out of the box, & getting it to zipping around on the living room floor! :thumb:

And Andrew is right...we don't need pictures, because that image is in all of our memories ...

But Tim...once you've begun construction on the layout, I'm afraid we'll have to insist on seeing some pics! :D
In the meantime, you're only requirement is to have fun!! bounce7

Kurgan

Im jealous... I have to clear a spot in the basement and add some electrical outlets before I can even THINK about setting up a simple oval.;)

Just kidding, I'm glad you are having fun. :thumb: