It Works, It Works, It Works!!!

L

lester perry

I know when I tell you what I am talking about you will say oh big deal, but let me start with some history. now I have your attention read on and you can say 'yeah and'. the layout I have now is about 10 years in the makeing. and from the first time I finaly ran a train until 2 weeks ago I have had a big problem with my layout. you have seen my pics and may say how can this be? but it is big problem I have tried every thig you can think of but no luck untill 2 weeks ago. I have bought a dehumidifier a room air conditioner a honeywell air purifier. I have purchased about 15 top notch guarenteed to do it rail cars. I have posted before on this boar and asking for help and nothing has worked. About 2 weeks ago I was going to call it quits ( my wife probably would have liked that). wahl clipper oil. I have had it about a year now and every one said just a drop. don't over do it. Well I thought one more try and I am serious one more and I am finished. I cleaned my track on one main line with bright boy. I am good at that, 10 years practice. then I got my best running loco put a centerlin track CleanIg car in front of it as usual practice sprayed a electrOnic cleaner on it. run it fore a while, all is normal then I stopped and soaked the cleanir wit wahls. YES I SOAKED IT, SLOPPY SOACKED. THERE IS A PERMANENT WET SPOT ON MY BALLAST. I ran it around a couple of times. then removed Loco and car from track. took my worst offender Loco, cleaned the wheels and 2 weeks later it is running better tha ever. I luv wahls. if it acts up tomorrow I had 2 weeks in stead of 2 hours. :thumb::mrgreen: bounce7balloon6

Les

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Gotta love Wahl's! Hopefully you won't have lots of slippage problems when you locos pull freight though! If so you can just keep wiping your track off with a clean cloth until you get enough of the oil up.
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's cool. I've been meaning to try Wahl oil for a long time, and just about two weeks ago I found a small razor repair shop that carried it. I paid about five bucks for a good sized four-ounce bottle. I haven't used it yet, but you have given me the incentive to try what you did since I'm getting tired of cleaning tracks too...

I wonder, does it do anything for the derailing :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
Les,because of many of these good people here,i've been using Wahls oil for a few years and it does a great job.All you really need is a few drops on each rail and run the Engine around a few times and like magic it runs GREAT.I'am guessing you won't have any need for the capicator now. Harold

L

lester perry

Harold I didn't use a few drops. I cut a piece of cotton to fit around the roller of centerline track cleaning car put it on the track and saturated with Wahls. It is sloppy with it. after cleaning the track realy realy good. I pushed the centerline car around. I have done one main line and one access track to hidden yards. approaching 3 weeks now still running better than ever. I don't know why a drop wouldn't work but I tried it many times with no results.
Les