Issapc

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kjev, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Kjev

Kjev Member

And a few more shots . . . .

A few more pictures.

The topside turret, a pile of prototypes, and finally, the remains of Tes'Ter, who between the toddler, the dog (and the dog's ball), the wind, and general chaos, was sat on and became a double amputee. We belive with extensive cyanoacrylate therapy, however, he will be functional again.

K'Jev
    8)

Attached Files:

2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Sweet model Dude! I can't wait to see (and build) the end product!
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Sorry I haven't replied in so long! I haven't actually had a chance to begin building the newest beta version actually, classes started and things got busy.

I may not get a chance for a while, but as soon as I do, I'll take a crack at it.
  4. Kjev

Kjev Member

Paragon:

No problem. I got drafted into repainting the living room, then the kid's room, which involved patching holes, installing new outlets and switches, priming, painting, and finally, new molding. Oh, and a career change, in the middle of all this.

Doc:

Hang in there, the last or next-to-the last round of corrections will soon begin. I've actually got the panel lines done for the ISSAPC and most of the hull done. But I figured y'all needed some pictures to keep your blood pressure up.

K'Jev
    8)
  5. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Any news to report?
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

I ended up switching jobs. Been working 124 hour days with an hour commute each way each way. It's still in the works, and mostly textured. I have some corrections to do, but haven't had much time to work on it the past two weeks. When harvest season is over in the next month or so, I'll definitely have more time to work on it.

K'Jev
  7. Kjev

Kjev Member

Quick update:
    Got the wings textured. Figured out how to do the docking clamps for the pod.

THEN the wife decided to repaint the living room, which evolved into removing the old carpet, which evolved into refinishing the hardwood floor she discovered underneath, which meant disassembling my computer . . .

BUT spud harvest is over, so when I get caught up on the honey do list, I can finish the texture (The spine and wing undersides are about all that's left). make the corrections, add color, and it will be done.

When it is, I want you all to enjoy the beverage of your choice, download it, and have fun.

K'Jev
    8)
  8. Kjev

Kjev Member

Quick Update for 10.29.07

Texturing is done. A few minor corrections to make, and I will be ready to add color! (Well I'm excited about it, anyway.)

Will post some pics during the color build.

K'Jev
  9. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

looking forward to seeing it! I have to admit that my favorite scifi "genre" is anything that has to do with "dropship" designs...I keep hoping someone will do the dropships from games like Warhammer 40K and Halo. I took a look at the version you have posted at jleslie's site, and am very excited about seeing the colored version.
  10. Kjev

Kjev Member

Doc,

The Yahoo Warhammer 40K Group has templates for the Thunderhawk Gunship and the Space Moron . . . er <i>Marine</i> drop pods. They're done in Word, of all things, but they're functional. The folks who make C.A.V. also have a mecha dropship as well. It's designed to be built from foamcore, but looks great.

Should be able to start adding color tonight or tomorrow night.

K'Jev
    8)
  11. JackFrost

JackFrost Member

there`s also a set of GW plans for the drop pad from their own site. it was available before they decided they were violating their own I.P. rights i guess and removed it with the links .Fortunately some people are packrats and copy anything they see :twisted: sooooo they are still around and available
  12. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I am a member of that group, but freely admit that I have not visited in a long time. It seems to me though that most (if not all) of the models they have are very, very simple, black and white models. I just prefer models that have detailed textures and are already colored. But like I said, I haven't been there in a while, so maybe I should check them out again!
  13. Kjev

Kjev Member

"Almost There" updates

I got some time this weekend to make a few final tweaks before I carry the whole ship to Photoshop to color it. For some reason Illustrator keeps taking every color I choose and putting it in grayscale. I have no idea why.

At any rate . . . . I have pictures.

The brown parts are the new additions. They won't be brown in the final model, I just lhad some brown cardstock lying around and made the changes that much easier to see.

The engine "sleeve" is done, as are the rebuilt chin guns, and I have almost finished the sponsons on the ISSAPC. I also have the topside turret corected, but not built yet.

After that, coloring it shouldn't take too long, then instructions, PDF the whole mess, and we're off.

K'Jev
    8)

PS: The flash quit on my camera for some reason (probably operator error) so I apologize for the darkness of the pictures.

Attached Files:

14. Kjev

Kjev Member

A Teaser

Not sure if anyone reads this anymore. . . .

But I have a screenshot of the parts layout. Most of the coloring and detailing is done. When that and the instructions are finished, it'll be ready.

K'Jev
    8)

Attached Files:

15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i am watching this thread with keen interst. you are doing a great job! please continue giving us updates!!
  16. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

After building one of the betas, I'm still following, and very excited about the progress of this model. Can't wait to build the finished model.
  17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Still here...

You bet we read it! I'm a great fan of this series and all it's ships. If I ever get my self out of Battlestar Galactica mode I want to build a bunch of the SAAB ships that are available.

Keep at it,

SJ
  18. Kjev

Kjev Member

And God looked upon his work and saw that it was good...

Yes, he did, unfortunately, his *(&%!!! ink ran out 6 pages from the end, which means until I can get it refilled I can't print off a final copy to use to write the instructions. (Now try explaining that to my wife)

BUT, the final model is DONE!!! Overall, I'm really happy with it. Like I've said before, I've got plans in mind for tanker, cargo, gunship, missile boat, medevac, and heavy-lift versions, but I want to get the base model and the instructions out there first.

I hope everyone likes it. It's only the second model I've ever designed, and is way more complex than the Leopard I did last year. I plan on posting a finished copy to Starship Modeler, too.

Purists will note that it is not entirely accurate to the show. Nor is it entirely accurate to the various drawings out there, which are also not accurate to the show. It's more of a 3-way compromise between the show, the art on the web, and my capabilities/what was feasible.

Overall, I think someone can look at it and tell where it came from, and I'm tickled pink with it.

Credit where credit is due, I want to thank Paragon for his help beta-building it. I did make a special edition that I modified slightly for him out of gratitude.

If anyone would like, I can do special color schemes, but I will charge 10.00 American (the way the dollar goes, that's not a lot to anyone else), just for the time involved, so if you want that neon green ISSCV, it's weird, but can be done. Just send me a PM.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to upload it to the Downloads section. In the meantime, send me a PM and I'll get you a copy. It's about 21 pages altogether, I could have packed the parts a little closer in some cases, but I like to have room to swing my scissors and I grouped them according to the order they'd be used.

You will also note small yellow arros on various places. These are alignment points for magnets. Wal-Mart sells a pack of 50 for about 5.00. So far, my son has absconded with 40.

Thanks again for all your help and support folks.

K'Jev
  19. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

A 21-page PDF is probably too large to upload to the download section yourself, you'll have to attach it to an e-mail and send it to Cgutzmer. I can PM you his e-mail address as soon as I get home.

Can't wait to have a look at the finished version!
  20. Kjev

Kjev Member

I e-mailed it this morning. Hopefully he'll approve it soon.

K'Jev
    8)