Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Hi Ted, Emil and all,

In my opinion, it's better to install the landing gear on the wings and maybe all other underwing carriage, before attaching the wings to the fuselage. And this is because it's much easier working on a flat surface (wings), than on a shaky one, where the kit is upside down, and the wings
    are like a scale, one side moves up and the other down.

About the taxi light, and the leading edge transparent panel. The taxi light should only be on the right wheel door, and the transparent panel, should be only on the leading edge of the left wing, as seen in the pictures.

I completely forgot about this panel, my memory is not as it used to be :cry:
    Ted, the kit looks very good, especialy the leading edge of the wings.
    But this doesn't exempt me from finishing the beta building of the easy version :oops:

Moshe
  2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Moshe, Emil thanks for the tips. I made the wings without the details because I have a clumsy habit of knocking off some of the little details. Also those leading edge inner tips are easier to mount and slightly trim if neccessary. Of course this was a precaution that wasn't needed, they fit perfectly...
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Moshe, Emil thanks for the tips. I made the wings without the details because I have a clumsy habit of knocking off some of the little details. Also those leading edge inner tips are easier to mount and slightly trim if neccessary. Of course this was a precaution that wasn't needed, they fit perfectly...
  4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

This is a very well designed kit. The only "flaws" were actually unfamiliarity with the beast. I do understand your reasoning with the detail parts but I find it easier to balance out the models landing gear when they are sitting flat. I place the fwd gear and one of the aft gear on. Then I dry fit the last leg adjusting the hight as needed to make it level. Maybe extra work but I'm comfortable with the method. Here's a pic of the fairing strip installed. These fit well, I used the Doctor's suggestion of placeing the glue on the fuselage wing interface but smudged the left a little anyways.
  5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

This is a very well designed kit. The only "flaws" were actually unfamiliarity with the beast. I do understand your reasoning with the detail parts but I find it easier to balance out the models landing gear when they are sitting flat. I place the fwd gear and one of the aft gear on. Then I dry fit the last leg adjusting the hight as needed to make it level. Maybe extra work but I'm comfortable with the method. Here's a pic of the fairing strip installed. These fit well, I used the Doctor's suggestion of placeing the glue on the fuselage wing interface but smudged the left a little anyways.
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view, wings with forward edges installed, ready for the underwing details.
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view, wings with forward edges installed, ready for the underwing details.
  8. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Awsome Build!

I'm following this build with great interest! I will have to get this one to build as soon as it is released, even though I'd rather do a USN Blue Angel version. It would also be nice to have some USMC versions as well.

Would it be possible to get it released as an un-colored version, to give us a chance to apply our own markings for the squadron of choice? The Yamaha Motorcycle kits are released that way.

Good Job!

Rick
  9. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

Awsome Build!

I'm following this build with great interest! I will have to get this one to build as soon as it is released, even though I'd rather do a USN Blue Angel version. It would also be nice to have some USMC versions as well.

Would it be possible to get it released as an un-colored version, to give us a chance to apply our own markings for the squadron of choice? The Yamaha Motorcycle kits are released that way.

Good Job!

Rick
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Rick, UUUUURRRAHHHH!!!! You'll have to ask Moshe and Dr. Zarkov about options. Although Moshe's site does has a small Blue Angels pic in the future release section. The pdf is unlocked so you can do some recoloring after you convert to bitmaps or something. The kit goes together so well, it is just nitpicking what I'm doing to this "Beta build". There are a few small corrections to be done, but the Doc has these well in hand. If only I can get my lazy self to do more in a day, Moshe can get this released soon!
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Rick, UUUUURRRAHHHH!!!! You'll have to ask Moshe and Dr. Zarkov about options. Although Moshe's site does has a small Blue Angels pic in the future release section. The pdf is unlocked so you can do some recoloring after you convert to bitmaps or something. The kit goes together so well, it is just nitpicking what I'm doing to this "Beta build". There are a few small corrections to be done, but the Doc has these well in hand. If only I can get my lazy self to do more in a day, Moshe can get this released soon!
  12. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

Cdr, you are doing this beautiful bird proud. Excellent build of what looks like an excellently designed model.

Regards,
    Todd
  13. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

Cdr, you are doing this beautiful bird proud. Excellent build of what looks like an excellently designed model.

Regards,
    Todd
  14. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Hi Rick,

The A-4N is based on the A-4M (USAF/USMC) and was manufactured for the Israeli air force according to their specific requirements. The visible differences are: antennas, sensors all around the fuselage, the top of the vertical stabilizer, 30mm cannons and the addition to the end of the engine exhaust pipe. There might be also some changes in the cockpit.

So some scratch building is required to modify this kit.

Moshe
  15. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Hi Rick,

The A-4N is based on the A-4M (USAF/USMC) and was manufactured for the Israeli air force according to their specific requirements. The visible differences are: antennas, sensors all around the fuselage, the top of the vertical stabilizer, 30mm cannons and the addition to the end of the engine exhaust pipe. There might be also some changes in the cockpit.

So some scratch building is required to modify this kit.

Moshe
  16. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Thanks for all the feedback all. Here are some progress pics for finishing up the wing assembly. The wheelwell are kinda neat in that the only in wing part was coveredd with the skinning. The other bits are actually glued to the bottom surface. The flaps were already finished and glued in the down postions. Here is a closeup of the under right wing with some sort of antannae and spotting light, and the r well...
  17. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Thanks for all the feedback all. Here are some progress pics for finishing up the wing assembly. The wheelwell are kinda neat in that the only in wing part was coveredd with the skinning. The other bits are actually glued to the bottom surface. The flaps were already finished and glued in the down postions. Here is a closeup of the under right wing with some sort of antannae and spotting light, and the r well...
  18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's an in progress pic overall, l wheel wells in place along with some sort of device...
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's an in progress pic overall, l wheel wells in place along with some sort of device...
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

On the left rear wheel well fairing is some sort of light or camera or something, Moshe help me here! It is kind of neat, has a clear section to view the equipment underneath. All these parts fit with no problem...