Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Closeup of the leading edge light. I used plain old scotch tape for the clear bits and glued the light housing around it...
  2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Wings at last!

Here are the wings skinned, with the external aerilon things glued on. I had to install these things becuse the little strap things kept getting bent and were starting to tear...
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Wings at last!

Here are the wings skinned, with the external aerilon things glued on. I had to install these things becuse the little strap things kept getting bent and were starting to tear...
  4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view. The instructions have you add all the wing details, fwd edges, landing gear wheel wells some other "doodads" and pylon mounts. I decided to wait these out until the wing was installed to the fuselage.
  5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view. The instructions have you add all the wing details, fwd edges, landing gear wheel wells some other "doodads" and pylon mounts. I decided to wait these out until the wing was installed to the fuselage.
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here are a few pics with the wings dryfitted. The fit was so tight and perfect you could almost place it in its mounting area and have it held in place with just friction!
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here are a few pics with the wings dryfitted. The fit was so tight and perfect you could almost place it in its mounting area and have it held in place with just friction!
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Side quarter view. The only glitch was the small wrinkle at the trailing edge next to the fuselage. This will hopefully be covered by the fairing strip. this was not a fit issue, more of a bonehead move on my part!
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Side quarter view. The only glitch was the small wrinkle at the trailing edge next to the fuselage. This will hopefully be covered by the fairing strip. this was not a fit issue, more of a bonehead move on my part!
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view of dryfitted only wing. Notice the small "gap" at the fwd edge of the wings and after edge. This will practically disappear with glueing the assembly in place!
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view of dryfitted only wing. Notice the small "gap" at the fwd edge of the wings and after edge. This will practically disappear with glueing the assembly in place!
  12. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

This is really coming together very nicely.
  13. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

This is really coming together very nicely.
  14. kooklik

kooklik Member

Great work !! cmdrted
    Your work makes me remember out my 1/48 plastic model that I've done it many years ago. But this one could make me to want to build paper A4 again. Thanks for sharing.
  15. kooklik

kooklik Member

Great work !! cmdrted
    Your work makes me remember out my 1/48 plastic model that I've done it many years ago. But this one could make me to want to build paper A4 again. Thanks for sharing.
  16. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

Hi Ted, Moshe and all,
    I’m writing about the IAF A4N right wing front light.
    This is very funny story...
    Moshe insisted to remove the right /please note/ taxi light.
    I do this removing the light source located on the right wing undercarriage door. I,ve neverget that Moshe havs in mind the wing front light. Such mismatch leads that the model has one unwonted light on the right wing, and probably one missing taxi light on the undercarriage. Ha Ha Ha…
    Ted, please check the presence of the taxi lights on both of the undercarriage doors. Also please don’t hurry with the pylons for external load. I’m going to a business trip now and will be back at the end of the week. You and Moshe will receive the mer/ter parts at this weekend.
    Moshe, please don’t worry about the kit pdfs updating. I’ll do it immediately after beta building is finished. No more misunderstanding or delays.
    About the beta building. I follow the process with great interest and till now the progress is just as I’m expecting except some minor differences in the building sequence.
    Practically there was first alpha test, but it was performed from me. This was the electronic build. My eyes are not the same as those in my modeling past, my scissors and modeling knife are blunt, my glue is dried in the tube... But the tools in my new SurfMaster II software became sharp enough for performing electronic building of the card models designs. So if there are no rough mistakes, the parts of the design should stitch to each other like a Lego.
    Please take a look at

http://cadpointbg.com/Images/Posters/all_1_32_illustration_FINAL_4-Model.pdf

where you can see the electronic build of some of the ModelArt 1/32 kits.
    The poster is best for printing on A2 European paper format.
    Note that there are new unreleased items. Can you recognize them?
    Best regards,
    Emil Zarkov
  17. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

Hi Ted, Moshe and all,
    I’m writing about the IAF A4N right wing front light.
    This is very funny story...
    Moshe insisted to remove the right /please note/ taxi light.
    I do this removing the light source located on the right wing undercarriage door. I,ve neverget that Moshe havs in mind the wing front light. Such mismatch leads that the model has one unwonted light on the right wing, and probably one missing taxi light on the undercarriage. Ha Ha Ha…
    Ted, please check the presence of the taxi lights on both of the undercarriage doors. Also please don’t hurry with the pylons for external load. I’m going to a business trip now and will be back at the end of the week. You and Moshe will receive the mer/ter parts at this weekend.
    Moshe, please don’t worry about the kit pdfs updating. I’ll do it immediately after beta building is finished. No more misunderstanding or delays.
    About the beta building. I follow the process with great interest and till now the progress is just as I’m expecting except some minor differences in the building sequence.
    Practically there was first alpha test, but it was performed from me. This was the electronic build. My eyes are not the same as those in my modeling past, my scissors and modeling knife are blunt, my glue is dried in the tube... But the tools in my new SurfMaster II software became sharp enough for performing electronic building of the card models designs. So if there are no rough mistakes, the parts of the design should stitch to each other like a Lego.
    Please take a look at

http://cadpointbg.com/Images/Posters/all_1_32_illustration_FINAL_4-Model.pdf

where you can see the electronic build of some of the ModelArt 1/32 kits.
    The poster is best for printing on A2 European paper format.
    Note that there are new unreleased items. Can you recognize them?
    Best regards,
    Emil Zarkov
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Stukas!Stukas!

Ju-87s........................
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Stukas!Stukas!

Ju-87s........................
  20. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Hi Ted, Emil and all,

In my opinion, it's better to install the landing gear on the wings and maybe all other underwing carriage, before attaching the wings to the fuselage. And this is because it's much easier working on a flat surface (wings), than on a shaky one, where the kit is upside down, and the wings
    are like a scale, one side moves up and the other down.

About the taxi light, and the leading edge transparent panel. The taxi light should only be on the right wheel door, and the transparent panel, should be only on the leading edge of the left wing, as seen in the pictures.

I completely forgot about this panel, my memory is not as it used to be :cry:
    Ted, the kit looks very good, especialy the leading edge of the wings.
    But this doesn't exempt me from finishing the beta building of the easy version :oops:

Moshe