Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Starboard broadside view, I guess nothing left but to skin the darn thing, later of course...
  2. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very impresive! A beautiful build. Looks like a well engineered kit! Thanks for the update, Ted!

Chris
  3. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very impresive! A beautiful build. Looks like a well engineered kit! Thanks for the update, Ted!

Chris
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted............. Ed Heinemann himself would be proud!:grin:

Moshe.................. please release it.................before I have to get ED-209 on you!

john
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted............. Ed Heinemann himself would be proud!:grin:

Moshe.................. please release it.................before I have to get ED-209 on you!

john
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

John and all thanks for the encouragement. Here's the latest, getting the model works back and running. The right wing skin. This is one big piece that I corrected in paintshop pro 10. According to Moshe's coaching and input, this wing does not have the leading edge light, so I deleted it and printed it out. You prefold at one portion of the leading edge, sharp crease the leading edge slat recess, and gently cup the tips. There are a dozen ways you can skin this bugger, but I preglued the leading edge and slat recess and tip then slipped it over the wing bonez. It worked out pretty good. I tried to preglue some of the frames and it sorta bunched att the aft trailing edge towards the fuselage side. This will be blended in with the fairing strip later, I hope...
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

John and all thanks for the encouragement. Here's the latest, getting the model works back and running. The right wing skin. This is one big piece that I corrected in paintshop pro 10. According to Moshe's coaching and input, this wing does not have the leading edge light, so I deleted it and printed it out. You prefold at one portion of the leading edge, sharp crease the leading edge slat recess, and gently cup the tips. There are a dozen ways you can skin this bugger, but I preglued the leading edge and slat recess and tip then slipped it over the wing bonez. It worked out pretty good. I tried to preglue some of the frames and it sorta bunched att the aft trailing edge towards the fuselage side. This will be blended in with the fairing strip later, I hope...
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view...
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Bottom view...
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's a shot showing the slat recess. There is anice little card shelf built into the frameing that the inner part sits on blending very nicely. The left will be much of the same plus the wing forward light. to be done soon...
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's a shot showing the slat recess. There is anice little card shelf built into the frameing that the inner part sits on blending very nicely. The left will be much of the same plus the wing forward light. to be done soon...
  12. Clashster

Clashster Member

Ted, your build on this model makes me want to consider building one of those flying things! Ahhh! But seriously, very impressive so far! Very smooth and clean! Thanks for the update!

Chris
  13. Clashster

Clashster Member

Ted, your build on this model makes me want to consider building one of those flying things! Ahhh! But seriously, very impressive so far! Very smooth and clean! Thanks for the update!

Chris
  14. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

John,I will as soon as I figure out a way to remove some unwanted parts from the pdf sheets. I do not have a a program that does thes things.

Moshe
  15. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

John,I will as soon as I figure out a way to remove some unwanted parts from the pdf sheets. I do not have a a program that does thes things.

Moshe
  16. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Hi Moshe, There is some progress being made, finally have some time to build, finally! This pic came out confusing looking, but it shows the inside of the port wing with the fwd edge light and the slat foundation all glued up...
  17. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Hi Moshe, There is some progress being made, finally have some time to build, finally! This pic came out confusing looking, but it shows the inside of the port wing with the fwd edge light and the slat foundation all glued up...
  18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's an outside pic, ready to slip over the wing framework...
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's an outside pic, ready to slip over the wing framework...
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Closeup of the leading edge light. I used plain old scotch tape for the clear bits and glued the light housing around it...