Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

On the rudder, at the base are what I think are heat deflectors on some model A4s, here they are with a little exhaust scoop mounted at the rudder base...

Attached Files:

2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The next bits are some external antannae and the tail hook. I guess the arrestor hook was left over from their previous Marine Corps owners!

Attached Files:

3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Tail assembly all done up....

Attached Files:

4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And one last shot for tonight, overall view with most of the bells and whistles, there are a couple left for mounting the end of assembly. More tomorrow!

Attached Files:

5. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

This is a great build Cdr! :) It looks like a really beautiful kit. I do hope they are going to do some USN versions. I had about six training flights in the TA-4J. Wow! What great little airplanes the Skyhawks are. They fly like a sports car.

Regards,
    Todd
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Great build and a teriffic kit. Hope it is made available soon.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

stellar! Cant say more than that - oops I just did!
    Chris
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

Sweet, sweet build. Another one goes on the ever increasing stack of wanna builds...,

-Gil
  9. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Ted, you're outdoing yourself on this one. Some of the tightest building I've yet seen! It's beautiful!
  10. Clashster

Clashster Member

Spectacular!
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Well it's been another hectic week but here is a little progress to show I haven't quit, The wing bones "on the hoof". There are dozens of the buggers, big and small, all fitting into each other like one of those little Chinese puzzles.
  12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And here she is assembled. There are a couple regular card pieces to install before the whole thing gets skinned and covered. It is easier to start on the center pieces making sure everything stays symetrical and tight, then start fanning out toward the tips. You have to build up the frameing for the fwd edge wing slats that are modeled in the Detailed version. I'm kind of curious as how this will go together later!
  13. RM_clermont

RM_clermont Guest

A masterpiece, I'm fascinated with the way you build Cmdrted, its almost imposible to see where the union of the parts are!! congratulations and its really good to have the oportunity to see step by step the develop of your kit, Thanks.
  14. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Thanks RM, the seams are there I think my camera is left softly unfocused to cover them up! Here are the last pieces added to the wing frames before skinning them, the wheel well bottoms....
  15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Thanks RM, the seams are there I think my camera is left softly unfocused to cover them up! Here are the last pieces added to the wing frames before skinning them, the wheel well bottoms....
  16. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

You're not supposed to mount the wing assembly until later, but for hahhs I dry fitted the skeleton to the fuselage, bottom view, after a little sanding I think the wing skins will fit perfectly over the fuselage with nary a bump, (I hope)!
  17. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

You're not supposed to mount the wing assembly until later, but for hahhs I dry fitted the skeleton to the fuselage, bottom view, after a little sanding I think the wing skins will fit perfectly over the fuselage with nary a bump, (I hope)!
  18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The last pic shows the frameing looking a little off centre but the aircraft was skewed it really does line up with the bottom seam. Here,s topside. The gray pieces aft are openings for the flaps and stuff, that are modeled separetly in the detailed version...
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The last pic shows the frameing looking a little off centre but the aircraft was skewed it really does line up with the bottom seam. Here,s topside. The gray pieces aft are openings for the flaps and stuff, that are modeled separetly in the detailed version...
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Starboard broadside view, I guess nothing left but to skin the darn thing, later of course...