Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Amazing...... I missed the thread until now, great work!!
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted.......... again..............unmmmmmmmm WOW!:grin:

Has Moshe tried talking you into sending him this one?:grin:

Oh........ and IF it does ever leave your collection..................and Ted, I ain't kidding.

john
  3. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Emil,
    I was told at the Israeli plastic modelers forum, that you might find this information in the Skyhawk book, that I gave you a few years ago. There should be some pictures there.

Moshe
  4. DrBill

DrBill Member

Beautiful! I'm jealous -- but I think I'm catching up. At least I use Aleen's glue and suck Altoids. From the looks of your workspace, that should be a start.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

One more kudos won't hurt, will it?
    Fantastic work, Commander!
    It is truly amazing work your doing here! Beautiful workmanship!
    It also helps to get such great results when you start with a great design!
    So, kudos to Emil, as well!

Russell
  6. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

No, I didn't. If I want one, I'll have to finish it myself :)

Moshe
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah I know Moshe............. your skills at modeling rival Ted's and Carl's........... After the A-4 what will be the next IAF plane?

Any progress on the Bi-Centennial F-15? I know how busy you have been.
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Something to stand on.

Thanks all for the encouragement, i've managed to block off alittle time to do some finishing details. Moshe, down to the littlest of details! Thanks for being patient! The landing gear, is fairly well detailed, with many parts for the forward gear, and just a few for the mains. Shown here are the fwd parts, the main struts and extenders already rolled up. The one "gripe" I have about the fwd gear is there is only one overall diagram and there are alot of parts! Luckily most of the parts have lined in 2d spaces for attachment of some of the little details, but there are a few fwd that defy obvious, to me anyway, placement. I punched up a "plastic model site" that I've been using as a reference and came up with a viable solution...
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here is the fwd gear being built up, the part I had the most problem placeing is the stepped cylinder that will go up against the small door at the after part of the well...
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here are the mains being built up, basically a stepped cylinder with a wire re-enforcement, and a little band that holds the braceing strut...
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here is a pic of the fwd and mains in progress...
  12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

As a little side assembly the right gear door has a taxi light, shoen here being build up. I painted the inside silver and clear coated the lens, and installed the light to the door...
  13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And the "legs" installed, forward gear...
  14. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Fwd gear other side, the little side cylinder part didn't make alot of sense, in the diagram it isn't clear wher it goes but there is an outline for the thing down by the plate that everything sits on so there it went!
  15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Right main, with gear door...
  16. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And forward view. This is one cool aircraft and the fwd looking aft view is one of my favourite pics...
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Awesome wheel work Commander!
    Complicated looking build but you pull it off like a walk in the park!
    Beautiful workmanship!

Russell
  18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Moshe there are 2 parts that were included in the main gear diagram, numbers 123 & 124, white trapazoids with orange rectangle and Hebrew writing that I have no idea where they go, any help would be appreciated. I'm done with the main aircraft, and am starting a basic load out. I built up some Mk82s and am starting the sidewinders. I'll build 2 of the external tanks and wait for awhile on the new MER so I can bomb this baby up. I've seen a few plastic kits of this bird with 2 rocket pods on the outer pylons, but since Emil recommended using the Aim 9s I'll put them out there!
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted,

I forwarded an email Moshe sent me.............. maybe it will help...........but as usual I'm too late!

john
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Not too late John, the pic still doesn't give a clue where they go. I've been over the thing 3x and can't figure them out. I even thought they might just be some type of wheel cock device but that doesn't wash either. Guess I'll wait it out for the official word. I'm waiting for tomorrow to photo the main bird, so I can use a better lighted area. The only details are the external loads, and they are in progress, more or less, mostly less, but in progress!