Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And both stabs built up and waiting for part 2, The installation, tomorrow, I hope!
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted,

Moshe send me a picture...............If I ever get the carrier deck right I'll start messing up on the tarmac for the Skyhawk:grin:

john
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted,

Moshe send me a picture...............If I ever get the carrier deck right I'll start messing up on the tarmac for the Skyhawk:grin:

john
  4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

No not yet Carl, I'm still using the rounded smooth end of a crochet hook on a medium hard rubber eraser. I use your cone/cylinder rolling technique in the palm of the hand. I was going to ask you which post has your petal forming/glueing method. One of my "candidate" next projects has petal formed cones and Your method seemed a better way to go then my usual way of hamfisting them together. There are only a couple more fiddley bits to go on this bird, everything fit great, there was a couple part color mismatches but overall excellant. I'm daudleing on the weapons loads as I really want to add some bombs to this baby. I'd also like a couple rocket launchers too. I guess they would be simple enough to design, but they do have them cone shaped caps that get in the way...
  5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

No not yet Carl, I'm still using the rounded smooth end of a crochet hook on a medium hard rubber eraser. I use your cone/cylinder rolling technique in the palm of the hand. I was going to ask you which post has your petal forming/glueing method. One of my "candidate" next projects has petal formed cones and Your method seemed a better way to go then my usual way of hamfisting them together. There are only a couple more fiddley bits to go on this bird, everything fit great, there was a couple part color mismatches but overall excellant. I'm daudleing on the weapons loads as I really want to add some bombs to this baby. I'd also like a couple rocket launchers too. I guess they would be simple enough to design, but they do have them cone shaped caps that get in the way...
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The description actually does it for me, but pics are cool too. Thanks!
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The description actually does it for me, but pics are cool too. Thanks!
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Stabilizers, pt. 2

Having built the parts for the stabs, the 2nd part is the installation. First the former cross piece was inserted and tack glued in place, then the stab roots were glued over them and snug up against the fuselage... Then there are 5 little parts that form a fairing of sorts top and bottom of the stab root shown here...
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The other side was installed identical to the stb, then the trailing edge was intalled in a down drooping postion...
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here's an underside pic of the assembly. These parts fit like the proverbial glove, no trimming was neccessary!
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Overall view of the "tail feathers"
  12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Puttin' on the brakes

The next little subassembly was the airbrakes, all the parts formed up, extending struts rolled, all ready for installation...
  13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Heres a forward view of the brakes looking aft...
  14. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

view from aft...
  15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Both brakes deployed, now on to some other details!
  16. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Ted:
    LOVELY!!

Jim
  17. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Wow, miss a day looking at stuff here and you really get behind! Especially on a Ted build. Looking spiffy, as per usual...
  18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Fill 'er up!

Thanks guys, a little more progress, and one of the many identifiable details on the scooter, the in flight refuel probe. The kits probe comes in @9 parts, I printed them on thinner paper for the forward sections as they are rolled pretty tight. Everything fit like a glove. There was a tiny issue I had with the piece, as I was building it up the seam was on the top of the part. It looked ok but a little prominent, so I edited the part so the seam was on the bottom. Here's the base part glued to the fuselage...
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And the probe part...
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Overall view so far...