Israeli A4N beta build from papermodels.co.il

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Mar 25, 2007.

1. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Emil, I was among the crowd that were watching this competition, shown in this picture. You can see aircraft#306, representing my squadron.
    It was the first and unfortunatly the last I.A.F.s Skyhawk squadrons sport day. It was sometime in 1977, and each squadron competed for:
    soccer, basketball, volleyball and pulling a rope. Also each squadron sent a ground crew and a pilots crew (the pilots competed on the ground just for the fun of it) to compete for the shortest time it takes to prepare a standard flight configuration, consisting of a MER with 6 Mk-62 bombs, 2 fuel tanks and 2 Mk-82's for the outer wing pylons (seen in this picture). My squadron took 1st place in the total score of the ball games, and 2nd place in the "real thing", and that's only because the winning team put some warnning signs around their aircraft, they where from the air base who hosted this event, and got an unfair advantage.
    The judges ignore all other teams' protests :mad: The pilots also competed in the air, doing some bombing and shooting. I do not remember who won this one.

Ted, until the MER is ready it doesn't matter what you load on the kit.
    The two external fuel tanks, are good. Or 5 MK-82, 1 on each pylon.
    MERs were used on the inner wing pylons only with 5 French 100kg bombs (which aren't in the kit). A possible configuration is 2 fuel tanks, 7 Mk-82 and 1 AA missile.
    There were some experiments with 3 MK-82 on a MER on the inner wing pylons, but we never used it otherwise.

Moshe
  2. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

A little help from my friends...
    There is some warning/exploitation text on the bombs, printed on them in yellow color.
    It will appear on the model as letters with 0.35 millimeters font height. I can easily substitute the text with gray lines, but it is not the best solution. I don’t ask about classified information. I need something to put on the bombs models like meaningful yellow text as it can be seen on the pictures of the real things.
    Any suggestions?
    Best++,
    Emil
  3. Emil_Zarkov

Emil_Zarkov Member

A little help from my friends...
    There is some warning/exploitation text on the bombs, printed on them in yellow color.
    It will appear on the model as letters with 0.35 millimeters font height. I can easily substitute the text with gray lines, but it is not the best solution. I don’t ask about classified information. I need something to put on the bombs models like meaningful yellow text as it can be seen on the pictures of the real things.
    Any suggestions?
    Best++,
    Emil
  4. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

5. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Tail feathers Pt1

The lastest small bits of construction are the tail stabilizers. The parts shown here build into one section of the stabs, with separate control surfaces. They are straight forward builds, a little bending, a little bit or itty bitty former manipulation and they go toghether pretty well...
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Tail feathers Pt1

The lastest small bits of construction are the tail stabilizers. The parts shown here build into one section of the stabs, with separate control surfaces. They are straight forward builds, a little bending, a little bit or itty bitty former manipulation and they go toghether pretty well...
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here is the end tip of the control surface in various phases of build. Basically burnish a small curve in the 1/4 moon sections and insert the tiny little former as shown completed in the lower right...
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Here is the end tip of the control surface in various phases of build. Basically burnish a small curve in the 1/4 moon sections and insert the tiny little former as shown completed in the lower right...
  10. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The next section is the larger control surface piece. You basicall fold it over a small curved dowel and butt glue the end and trailing edge. The kit has an internal gluing strip that somewhat simplifies it, but I took the edge glueing road, Ala Goldenbear...
  11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The next section is the larger control surface piece. You basicall fold it over a small curved dowel and butt glue the end and trailing edge. The kit has an internal gluing strip that somewhat simplifies it, but I took the edge glueing road, Ala Goldenbear...
  12. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The little tip is then inserted into the edge and glued into place...
  13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The little tip is then inserted into the edge and glued into place...
  14. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Finished piece shown here...
  15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Finished piece shown here...
  16. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The larger forward part is folded and glued with the trailing edge being a gray colored insert piece that holds the part fairly secure and even...
  17. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The larger forward part is folded and glued with the trailing edge being a gray colored insert piece that holds the part fairly secure and even...
  18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Finished piece shown with its little formers in place...
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Finished piece shown with its little formers in place...
  20. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

And both stabs built up and waiting for part 2, The installation, tomorrow, I hope!