Command 2000 DCC Generator
MRC Power Supply
Manual
MRC Command 2000 Walkaround Throttle
MRC AD 310 Decoder w/o plug
Large Rubber Feet added to Generator as these puppies liked to slide around :=}

I can get this for $106.00

Russ Bellinis

I think the MRC is very limited in the number of locomotives it will control. How big is your layout? It would probably be fine for a small layout that has limitations as to the number of trains/locomotives that can be operated at once. For a large layout capable of keeping a nmber of operators busy, I think it is too limited. One possibility would be to use it for a yard switcher if you have a big layout, and then get something bigger for the rest of the layout, but anything bigger might handle the whole layout without the need for the MRC.

IAIS 604

Two important considerations are the number of functions the DCC system has and if the system has CV read capabiltiy.

The number of functions let you control various locomotive lights (headlights, marker lights, ditch lights, etc) and sounds (bell, horn, etc.).

Changing CV decoder values lets you move functions, change the locos address - to say the road number, make speed tables to match locos in a MU, etc. It is VERY nice to be able to read back any change (write) to the decoder's CVs to verify that the change "took" and was correct.

To compaire systems, you might look at the great table on Tony's Train Exchange website:

http://ttx-dcc.com/

(seems to be down right now, so I can't link you directly to the table)

IMHO, the MRC system is limited - you can get a better system for just a bit more money. You might compare the Atlas Commander and the Digitrax Zephyr (which is my system).

Good luck!

UPJunkie

Well i decided to go with DCC Went to the local train store and asked them about DCC and looks like the one i want to get is on backorder :mad: :mad: :( He showed me what all DCC will do and i was hooked on phonics :D its going to cost me about $200 for it Here in about 3 weeks i hope they will have it so i can start playing with my new toy.

I am redoing my layout and i like this better. If someone has a old Shay that doesn't run It can be without a motor. What i want it for is have log cars behind it just sitting there for looks. I hate to spend $300 on something that is going to just sit there but if i have to i will (NOT) let me know by email albertpowers@classicnet.net

brakie

I recommed by passing the starter sets and going with the next size up..This will give you more in the way of DCC also,it will save you from upgrading at a later date...

Hi George! Glad to see you! Happy that you are here with us..