is there any Guage members in Tucson AZ

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
baldwinjl said:
It is unusual, and I don't know the history. On the outside there is a sign over the end of the store where the hobby stuff is, I think it is "The Hobby Place". There is a door there, but it is closed off (the store is in basically what must have been built a a strip mall, but ACE has taken over most of it, so it is sort of like a bunch of stores tied together). The hobby area is pretty much separate from the rest of the store, but you pay at the same registers as the rest of the store. I think they must have recently taken over more space or something because the back half of the buiding where the hobby place was has been opened up, so it pretty much doubled in floorspace.

Jeff
When we lived in Wickenburg about six years ago, the local Radio Shack was a franchise and had a room in the back for hobbies. I'm not sure what they had back there since I hadn't gotten into MRR yet. They sold the franchise and shut down the hobby section. When I did get into modeling, I had to drive close to 50 miles to the nearest Hobby Bench, the same one I mentioned that is on Bell Rd. Well, when I drive there now to find they don't have anything that I need or want, I only had to drive 20 miles to get there.sign1

My point is that I guess you can find a hobby shop just about anywhere, especially in smaller towns.