is there a way

Discussion in 'DCC & Electronics' started by zachary, May 28, 2008.

1. zachary

zachary Member

hi all i was wondering if there is a way to program a certan air horn on a sound decoder thanks zachary flowe
  2. lester perry

lester perry Guest

I am still learning myself, but if you get the correct decoder it will usually have the correct horn.
    Les
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

There are currently two ways to get the "correct" horn:

1) Get the correct sound decoder, as Les says.

2) Get a sound decoder that allows uploading sounds, and find a sound file of the correct horn. Digitrax is one company that offers this type of decoder: Digitrax.com: Product Listing Sound Decoders

Andrew
  4. acsoosub

acsoosub Member

Look into ESU/Loksound. Their sound decoders are completely customizable. Or you need to get one that has the correct sounds in it from the start.
  5. zachary

zachary Member

well see the thing is thier is a show that used to come on tv called the dukes of hazzard and their is a 1996 dodge charger that has a really awesome air horn and i was wondering if i found the file with the horn could ir be uploaded to the sond decoder instead of the stock horn zachary flowe
  6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

According to Digitrax's website, you can upload .wav files to their decoders as part of a "sound project file" (.spj) so any sound that is saved in that format is possible - Dukes of Hazzard, lion roar, Thomas "peep-peep", or anything else you want.

Andrew