Is it Diesel...or 'lectric?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Wouldn't a Marklin pan look too European? Yep, Trainmasta, short of an armed rebellion from the diesel fans, she's gonna be a juice jack (and yes, Interurban, she'll draw her juice from the high wire...Robert Hegge did a great article on scratch built cantenary in MR back in the 70s, I still have the article):p

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Originally posted by shaygetz
Wouldn't a Marklin pan look too European? Yep, Trainmasta, short of an armed rebellion from the diesel fans, she's gonna be a juice jack (and yes, Interurban, she'll draw her juice from the high wire...Robert Hegge did a great article on scratch built cantenary in MR back in the 70s, I still have the article):p

They have a good selection of pans and it`s in good supply.

That`s the ticket juice from the top, :D ;) :p

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
The tri-power idea is a good one, but Lackawanna? Come on Blake, get real. NYC is the way to go. This shot was taken in 1950 at NYC 72nd. Street yard. Pairs of cylinders on either end are air tanks, smaller ones in center are exhaust silencers.

Attachments

• p1010266jpg.jpg
    p1010266jpg.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 73

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Took a while but here's an update on the juicejack. I could use an opinion on appearance. I got these pantographs from a very old, delapidated Marklin electric. Couldn't beat the price---free. Though they are kinda on the chunky side, I find them somewhat appealing, in a tinplate sorta way. I figure a dip in chemical blackener will keep them slim and make them appear more airy. They will easily pull juice from the overhead, in fact, I will wire it up to do both with the flick of a switch. What do you all think?

Attachments

• elec.jpg
    elec.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 112

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by interurben
I think the pans are toooo chunky:(

They are chunky, they picture doesn't do them justice either as I look at it and the reality sitting on my layout. I think I'll just tack them in place for now until the coin comes along for a set of THOSE Marklin pans. These Marklin pans are at least 50 years old. I just gots to find a home fer 'em, they are kinda cool.

Yeah, Jon, still mulling over that tri-electric set-up too.