Is it Diesel...or 'lectric?

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
After 9 long years, the shop crew of the B&MC R.R. have just rolled out their latest creation. She sits on a shortened Walther's Doodllebug frame, remotored with a Sagami can motor surrounded by a body composed of dept. store sign material and bits and pieces from the scrap box. She quietly waits for a DCC decoder, a paint job and the results of an informal poll...is she 'lectric or diesel?

Attachments

• b&e2.jpg
    b&e2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 313

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
The reason it's taken 9 years is because of the budgetary woes of said railroad. To make 'er a juice jack 'll sqeeze the brass hats into gettin' a pantograph for her. A diesel vote means one more trip to the scrap box to kibble the necessary diesel thingies on her.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I'd make her a diesel, shaygetz.

Why? For an electric, running under wire, the railings of the 'front porch' ladder reach up way too high. This could cause a dangerous contact with a low hanging overhead wire. :eek: :eek: :eek:
On the other hand, I love that ladder - it gives the face of that engine real character! Wouldn't miss it! :cool:

Congratulations for a fine kitbash - I wonder how you decide! :D :D :D

Ron

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
ELECTRIC of course:D :D :D
If you are up to makeing poles and stringing the ovehead.;)
Put a Marklin Pantagraph on her:p
AND HEAR HER HUM.
Ron the overhead wire is 20 scale feet from the top of the rail, so the ladder wont snag:p
A well made LOVELY Electric box motor.:) :) :)

(are ya squeezing them brass hats yet)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Uh oh...4 to 2 in favor of diesel. Mebbee shouldn't o' started the cantenary just yet. :p I'd love to put some more and better pics but I can't crunch the files down enough. Me poor P166 jes' cain't keep up:eek:

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
yah i wish i could see the whole thing
cause then i would know but from this view u cant see any exoust exept that one side adn that is not much for diesel and electric does not need exoust so

C

Catt

shaygetz,send the pics my way I have a shrink ray that will siuze them down to a usable size

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Sorry for the fuzz, I'm still playin' with my new camera's macro feature. Here's a full 3/4 view. In keeping with it's design, it is virtually identical on either end. Thanks for the compliments and comments. Looks like it's heading to the shop to be a juice jack (once I find a pantagraph that doesn't cost more than the locomotive). It actually was inspired by an article in an old MR by Robert Hegge of the 1/4" finescale layout, The Crooked Mountain Lines fame. Steam power would most definately be an interesting propect there, Mhdishire.