Is anyone working on Robbie the Robot?

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I would Like to have him next to my B-9.

Carl
  2. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Which Robbie The old one or new one? I personally like the new version. I have thought about makeing one myself but having some issue with getting enough images for a decent looking build. That and , I have a couple of other things going on right now. I would be interested to see anyone elses design too. But for now I guess we can only dream for the moment.
  3. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Which Robbie The old one or new one? I personally like the new version. I have thought about makeing one myself but having some issue with getting enough images for a decent looking build. That and , I have a couple of other things going on right now. I would be interested to see anyone elses design too. But for now I guess we can only dream for the moment.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

New Robbie??!!

Shoot the only one I know of was the Forbidden Planet Robbie...............

Do you have a picture of the new one?

john
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

New Robbie??!!

Shoot the only one I know of was the Forbidden Planet Robbie...............

Do you have a picture of the new one?

john
  6. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

What new Robbie?

Do you mean the Lost in space B-9? The Movie version was diff. from the T.V. version. I am talking about T.F.P. Robbie.

Thanks,

Carl
  7. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

What new Robbie?

Do you mean the Lost in space B-9? The Movie version was diff. from the T.V. version. I am talking about T.F.P. Robbie.

Thanks,

Carl
  8. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

OOPs. yep that's right. Sorry but both would be nice to have anyway. Got my titles mixed up. I think I have seen a *.lwo objext or *.3ds file floating around of it TFP version somewhere. I'll have to ask freind that can find anything like that. Shouldn't be to hard to export sucessfully.
  9. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

OOPs. yep that's right. Sorry but both would be nice to have anyway. Got my titles mixed up. I think I have seen a *.lwo objext or *.3ds file floating around of it TFP version somewhere. I'll have to ask freind that can find anything like that. Shouldn't be to hard to export sucessfully.
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

[​IMG]

I can see it plausible however, Robbie has alot of curves which could be a challenge.
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

[​IMG]

I can see it plausible however, Robbie has alot of curves which could be a challenge.
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

That's Robbie! :grin: As I remember him anyway.
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

That's Robbie! :grin: As I remember him anyway.
  14. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

looking at that picture, those curves are gonna be a lot of work. however, I think a reasonable hako style version for the arms and legs would suffice, the front surface flat but the sides doing the curves, like a raised numeral 8 with more bumps.
  15. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

looking at that picture, those curves are gonna be a lot of work. however, I think a reasonable hako style version for the arms and legs would suffice, the front surface flat but the sides doing the curves, like a raised numeral 8 with more bumps.
  16. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I tried to export and unwrap!

I tried to export and unwrap the 3ds file. I never could get it to simpl. enough to get a good model unfolded.

I will be glad to make the file avail. to anyone who wants to give it a try.

Carl
  17. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I tried to export and unwrap!

I tried to export and unwrap the 3ds file. I never could get it to simpl. enough to get a good model unfolded.

I will be glad to make the file avail. to anyone who wants to give it a try.

Carl
  18. gchucky

gchucky Member

I'm slowly working on a simple one, much like my B9 robot in the smartgroup's Cardmodel4fun file area. Have not gotten far, just the legs so far. Stuck at the hips right now.

Chucky
  19. gchucky

gchucky Member

I'm slowly working on a simple one, much like my B9 robot in the smartgroup's Cardmodel4fun file area. Have not gotten far, just the legs so far. Stuck at the hips right now.

Chucky
  20. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

He ain't paper or card, but still a dream...

http://www.the-robotman.com/nv_fs.html

One other thing for Forbidden Planet fans, on Nov. 14 two DVD sets will be released. One will contain a small Robbie the Robot and other collectibles. Amazon.com is currently taking pre-orders. Oh...and I have no connection whatsoever with Amazon.com outside of the fact I like the movie and have already pre-odered my pre-order.